Blade4130

Discussion in 'LOCAL MISSOURI TALK' started by Mo.Hick, Jan 27, 2009.

1. Mo.Hick

Mo.Hick Active Member

State:
    Madison Mo.
    Our brother Blade4130 (Don) Just had complete knee replacement yesterday. He is in his early 20's. Just got off the phone with his sister. She said everything went well. They already had him moving his knee last night. She said he is having a rough day today. The pain is setting in and drugs are wearing off. They are saying he should get to go home tomorrow or Thursday. This is a good kid. Keep him in your prayers for a complete recovery. To young to have joints replaced.

Tom

2. CountryHart

CountryHart New Member

State:
    missouri
    Bummer. I got bad knees too but not to that extent. Hopefully everything takes and he'll make a full recovery.

3. bluejay

bluejay Well-Known Member

State:
    Napoleon, Mo.
    Thanks Tom. Hadn't heard from him since the surgery.

4. jdstraka

jdstraka Well-Known Member Supporting Member

State:
    Council Bluffs, Iowa
    Name:
    John
    Thank's for the heads up Tom,Prayers on the way for Blade4130 for a fast recovery,J.D.

5. jms43

jms43 New Member

State:
    Missouri
    Having bad joints suck. I feel his pain, I'm 25 and getting ready to have reconstructive ankle surgery. We'll keep him in our prayers.

6. catboy1

catboy1 New Member

State:
    Arkansas
    We wish him the best of luck too. :roll_eyes:

7. kmcalester

kmcalester Active Member

State:
    Kansas City
    Thanks for the update, I hope for a fast recovery for him.

8. Mo.Hick

Mo.Hick Active Member

State:
    Madison Mo.
    Welcome to the BOC Sterling. Glad to have ya. I will get an update from Don tonight. I am going to call him on my way home from work.

Tom

9. Mo.Hick

Mo.Hick Active Member

State:
    Madison Mo.
    I called the hospital on my way home tonight. Talked to Dons mom. She said he was in a lot of pain but doing good.

Tom

10. sjohn58

sjohn58 Guest

My prayers are with him, I do know what it like. :sad2:
    I turned 50 last Nov.
    And on Jan 5 this month, I had a 3 vertebrae spinal fusion. So far so good.
    My legs work right again, my back is sore.
    I am off of work for 10 weeks, I can not pick up no more that 2 1/2 lb, I can not bend over. I have to do some walking each day.
    I have 8 pins and 4 rods in my back, but my legs work again.
    In time all will be ok, just takes time.
    So I know Don well be Fishing and maybe beat his 20lb Blue cat, you helped him with Tom. Have faith in the lord, and pray for him.

Steve

11. Mo.Hick

Mo.Hick Active Member

State:
    Madison Mo.
    Steve you will be in my prayers also. I hope you have a speedy recovery brother.

Tom

12. fishingbuddy4

fishingbuddy4 New Member

State:
    Warner Rob ga
    Get well soon don ,and steve,theres fish to catch:wink:

13. MRR

MRR New Member

State:
    Louisiana,Mo.
    Thanks for the heads up. Boy that's young to be having knee replacement.
    will keep him in our thoughts and prayers.Young as he is he should recover pretty quickly.

14. MRR

MRR New Member

State:
    Louisiana,Mo.
    Man Steve,that sounds rough.Will be saying prayers for you also bro.Just do as the doc. says and (DON'T) try to overdo it.

15. sjohn58

sjohn58 Guest

Any more Information Blade4130 (Don), I say a prayer for him each day.
    Steve

16. Mo.Hick

Mo.Hick Active Member

State:
    Madison Mo.
    Yea I talked to his mom yesterday. He is doing pretty good. Still in a lot of pain. He was sleeping. She said that his pain medication makes him sleep a lot which is good. But he is walking around and even going up and down the stairs. I will be calling him when I get back into town tonight and give another report then.

Tom

17. sjohn58

sjohn58 Guest

Thanks Tom, I remember how the pain Meds made me sleep a lot, also they make you start moving fast, it hurts I remember that also.
    Monday it will be 4 week for me, I can move around good now, not much pain.
    Still I can only do certain thing.
    Let him know that the brothers of the BOC are in prayer for him.

18. Blade4130

Blade4130 Well-Known Member

State:
    Independence MO
    Man, you guys just made my whole damn day and I dearly thank each and everyone of you...Especially Tom. <lol> hopefully we will be able to talk on the phone together soon instead of me being out and you get reports from my mother or sister. It took a long time to get a doctor to do this surgury, but there is no other alternative. The last doctor backed out at the last minute and I got this one. So finially it's done and man I am in non-stop pain. I am making strides everyday, doing my excersises no matter how much it hurts and making one or two trips down stairs by myself a day. Today has been the most progressive day as far as getting around. After watching the early morning fishing shows and a catfishing dvd. I got up went downstairs, made breakfast, went back up-stairs, took a shower all by myself for the first time. Sound funny, but I was proud of what I did. By then lots of pain more meds and out I went. I just got back up again went down two flights of stairs to where the pc is to write to Tom and found this.

You guys are freakin awesome and I sincerely thank each and every one of you.

Don

19. jms43

jms43 New Member

State:
    Missouri
    Glad to hear you're coming along. Let me know if there's anything I can do to help.

20. sjohn58

sjohn58 Guest

It good to see you back, I know about the pain, but remember each, how much more you do. On Jan. 5th when I had my bac surgery, I could not roll over with out help. Now up and down stairs, in and out of bed with no help. At times it feel slow but look back at the first day, and think about were you are at down. Also I look at it this way to, I had theis done early in the year, I am going to beable to fish this summer :wink:
    Take the meds and do your therapy.