blackwater river

Discussion in 'LOCAL MISSOURI TALK' started by fishingbuddy4, May 24, 2008.

1. fishingbuddy4

fishingbuddy4 New Member

State:
    Warner Rob ga
    Well i guess tonight me and a buddy is going to hit blackwater tonight ,havnt fished it for 10 years and it is only 5 miles north of me ,years ago use to fish it and catch 20 to 50 lb flathead ,just havnt fished it latley because there is no ramps ,and you have to pull the boat over sand bars from one hole to the other ,guess we are taking his 12 ft jon and run 5 miles of the river ,its up alittle so shouldnt have to drag the boat ,well out too get bluegill ,will report back

2. CountryHart

CountryHart New Member

State:
    missouri
    Good luck Robert. Some of the best fishin and huntin is those hard to get to spots. Hopefully you'll get some pics, and we can fish the river soon.

3. Michael Jake

Michael Jake New Member

State:
    Troy, Missouri
    Hope ya get some nice ones Robert, those small rivers can be a hoot.

4. BKS72

BKS72 New Member

State:
    East of KC
    When I was over in IL last weekend my uncle was hitting some decent flats on the Kaskaskia (it was up nicely, but still a small river). The 'heads might be moving up in the smaller rivers to spawn by now, you guys may tear 'em up. I hope so!

5. RIVER-RAT

RIVER-RAT New Member

State:
    MO / MT
    Good luck out there Robert! Make sure ya take along a good cattin rig, you know if you don't you'll regret it! At least I would anyhow!!