Catfish Angler Forum at USCA banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
810 Posts
open for buss there is no prob i dont think they will ever close again its deep and for fishing just give me a call the biguns is bitting lets go get some. roundhill:confused2::confused2::smile2:

·
Registered
1,986 Posts
I stopped by Blacks last week and when they said they were diging a ditch they wernt lying. That thing is long straight and deep. I think they should put some passing lanes out there too and maybe a stoplight at the canal.LOL I took some pics I wil try to post them.

·
Registered
268 Posts
Man, this is wonderful news. I am happy Black's did that. I prefer to stay there anyways. I'll launch the ole pontoon and beach it right there for the whole trip everytime I go to Moultrie.
You guys are right about Black's taking advantage of a bad situation and improving on their facility.
Thanks for the post!!!
Jonathan

·
Registered
1,561 Posts
I cannot help but wonder how long it will take for that $180,000.00 ditch to fill back in with the sandy bottom and ruff waters at santee. Hopefully it will last for a long time but when i heard it cost that much money i thought heck why not pour a concrete ramp to the canal.:smile2: They needed to do something there anyways. Its was getting shallow going out at full pond at the cypress tree area anyways. I know its been hard times for blacks but hopefully things will get back to normal soon. Weve had good current in the lakes up this way lately and hopefully some of it will make down that way with me right behind it.:smile2: How is the depth at the mouth of the canal going into the lower lake?

·
Registered
1,986 Posts
Micheal I was down there yesterday and the lake was looking good. I think you will see alot of landings opening back up soon. The entrance to the lake was around 8-9ft now so there is plenty of water there. I am not sure but I believe they dredged it. When you come out of the canal now there is no dry land to be seen and you cant even see the rocks anymore. It wont be long and I believe they will be back to normal. Dont worry there is plenty of water for that LUND so come on next weekend to the tournament.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.