Black's Fish Camp: Ramp Open?

Discussion in 'SOUTH CAROLINA LAKES / RESERVOIRS' started by blackwaterkatz, Mar 17, 2008.

1. blackwaterkatz

blackwaterkatz Active Member

State:
    Andrews, SC
    I heard that Black's has finished digging out their canal, and they have plenty of water now. Unconfirmed by me, but maybe someone else knows for sure? Roundhill?

2. roundhill

roundhill New Member

State:
    kings mtn
    open for buss there is no prob i dont think they will ever close again its deep and for fishing just give me a call the biguns is bitting lets go get some. roundhill:confused2::confused2::smile2:

3. blackwaterkatz

blackwaterkatz Active Member

State:
    Andrews, SC
    Thanks for the confirmation, Captain Ron. Next trip I make will likely be from there. :big_smile:

4. rivercatsc

rivercatsc New Member

State:
    South Caro
    I stopped by Blacks last week and when they said they were diging a ditch they wernt lying. That thing is long straight and deep. I think they should put some passing lanes out there too and maybe a stoplight at the canal.LOL I took some pics I wil try to post them.

5. rivercatsc

rivercatsc New Member

State:
    South Caro
    This Pic didnt turn out to big I will try again.

Attached Files:

6. rivercatsc

rivercatsc New Member

State:
    South Caro
    Maybe this worked. THE BIG DITCH!

Attached Files:

7. billfish76

billfish76 Active Member

State:
    Rock Hill, SC
    Is that straight from the ramp??? Can 2 boats pass eachother? It seems kind of narrow in the pictures.

Thanks for the pic...

8. rivercatsc

rivercatsc New Member

State:
    South Caro
    There is no way that 2 boats especially pontoon boats can pass each other. I drove up it today to check it out and it is narrow. I think the should put a traffic light at the canal.LOL

9. WylieCat

WylieCat Well-Known Member

State:
    NC
    Dang!! I thought that was an old pic before they widened it!! It is deeper, but it will be hard if not impossible for two pontoons to pass.

10. rivercatsc

rivercatsc New Member

State:
    South Caro
    Sorry Deiter that is the new and improved widened version.

11. chrisblue

chrisblue New Member

State:
    SC
    Heres a crappy cell phone picture of what it looks like from the canal.Its a little wider toward the end of the canal but not much.Right around the right corner was a trackhoe still digging in it.

Attached Files:

12. dust777man

dust777man New Member

State:
    SC
    I am glad Blacks took advantage of a bad situation-water down and all. I heard several other places extended their ramps. Glad to see the water coming up evrywhere.

13. bearfrog1

bearfrog1 New Member

State:
    Mount Pleasant,
    Man, this is wonderful news. I am happy Black's did that. I prefer to stay there anyways. I'll launch the ole pontoon and beach it right there for the whole trip everytime I go to Moultrie.
    You guys are right about Black's taking advantage of a bad situation and improving on their facility.
    Thanks for the post!!!
    Jonathan

14. catfishrus

catfishrus New Member

State:
    north carolina
    I cannot help but wonder how long it will take for that $180,000.00 ditch to fill back in with the sandy bottom and ruff waters at santee. Hopefully it will last for a long time but when i heard it cost that much money i thought heck why not pour a concrete ramp to the canal.:smile2: They needed to do something there anyways. Its was getting shallow going out at full pond at the cypress tree area anyways. I know its been hard times for blacks but hopefully things will get back to normal soon. Weve had good current in the lakes up this way lately and hopefully some of it will make down that way with me right behind it.:smile2: How is the depth at the mouth of the canal going into the lower lake?

15. rivercatsc

rivercatsc New Member

State:
    South Caro
    Micheal I was down there yesterday and the lake was looking good. I think you will see alot of landings opening back up soon. The entrance to the lake was around 8-9ft now so there is plenty of water there. I am not sure but I believe they dredged it. When you come out of the canal now there is no dry land to be seen and you cant even see the rocks anymore. It wont be long and I believe they will be back to normal. Dont worry there is plenty of water for that LUND so come on next weekend to the tournament.