Blacks camp 8/18-8/19

Discussion in 'SOUTH CAROLINA LAKES / RESERVOIRS' started by catfishrus, Aug 20, 2006.

1. catfishrus

catfishrus New Member

State:
    north carolina
    cmj and i hit the water friday evening and caught some nice ones. didnt get the big numbers like last week but we had the hogs this time. our top 5 fish weighed right at 165lbs. with two extra 27lbers!!!! what a night of fishing. cmj hit the big fish with a 46lber early friday night and things just rolled on from there all night long. we hit on a triple up one time and had several double ups. when we decided to go in i picked up the rods to reel in and i told jeff shoot i got one. landed that one and turned and looked and had another rod get hammered. i set the hook and came up with a 35lber. we went ahead called it a night. hit the water again saturday evening but the winds had changed on us from ne to south and we couldnt stay on our hole like we need ed but we still caught 20-25 fishsat. night. the biggest fish of the night was a 35lber that cmj foul hooked. man what a fight with that one. we thought we had mobby on this time. i had to reel in all the reels and runs that boy down with the trolling motor. cmj was a littel disappointed when he saw that it was a smaller fish than we thought but hey he still was a nice one. he said that was the hardiest fight he ever had.....lol. my dad took my son and nephew down this weekend also. he put out four rods for the boys and they worked him pretty darn good. good to see small kids catch them big cats. they had several in the 20-25lb range. they made paw paw put some of the fish in the live well for pictures but they where all released after pictures.

Attached Files:

2. catfishrus

catfishrus New Member

State:
    north carolina
    one picture of the kids with some fish from saturday night.

Attached Files:

3. chrisblue

chrisblue New Member

State:
    SC
    Man you've been on a hell of a role lately, congradulations.

4. blackwaterkatz

blackwaterkatz Active Member

State:
    Andrews, SC
    Man, I am so jealous! :lol:
    You fellas really nailed them. I gotta find a way to get up there this week!!!

5. Patmansc

Patmansc Well-Known Member

State:
    Cordova, TN
    Way to go, Michael - that's a great evening of fishing!!!!

6. CMJ

CMJ Guest

That was two great nights of fishing. Michael knows where to get them down there. That foul hooked 35 pounder had me thinking real big, I could see my picture on the wall at Blacks...................:lol:

7. CMJ

CMJ Guest

Thought I would let yall see one of Michael's.

Attached Files:

8. bigredsbbq

bigredsbbq New Member

State:
    Illinois
    I'm envious of you guys great catch

9. martygreen

martygreen Well-Known Member Supporting Member

State:
    Rock Hill,S.C.
    congrats on the 2 nights,that is 2 pretty good hauls,I'm looking foward to getting back down myself,will probably start heading back down that way towards the middle of september,congrats again

10. pk_powell

pk_powell New Member

State:
    Missouri
    Wow! What a night! I wasn't there and I can still feel the exhileration you must have felt,heres reps to ya!And those kids ya get a pat on the back from me lettin those kids catch some bigguns! Way to Go!--------pk powell:big_smile:

11. Rookie12

Rookie12 New Member

State:
    Kannapolis, NC
    That makes me want to pack up my stuff and head down that way. You'll never get 'em like that up here! I ought to try out that Santee fishin' sometime. I guess I know who to ask for tips now though. Sounds like ya'll had a good weekend.