Blacklight cap light

Discussion in 'LOCAL INDIANA TALK' started by kyleco55, Aug 3, 2009.

1. kyleco55

kyleco55 Well-Known Member

State:
    Central In
    hey guys i bought me a new hat light lastnight from walmart. didnt realize till later it was a blacklight one.. ive never used one before for fishing, but the results i had tonight, i definately will start using blacklights!

i started a thread about it here with pictures of what the light does http://www.catfish1.com/forums/showthread.php?p=1574081#post1574081

figured id let some of my fellow hoosiers check it out too! Hope this helps someone out! wish i woulda found this a long time ago. i was amazed how easy it is to tie hooks at 1 am in the dark with a blacklight:smile2::smile2:

2. thunderchicken

thunderchicken New Member

State:
    Yuma Az
    Man, that looks pretty cool. I didn't know they made that much difference. Will check them out. Thanks. Tight lines.

:cool2:

3. ThaWstSide

ThaWstSide New Member

State:
    Speedway,
    Yea, those caplight blacklights are amazing especially with that big game. I have the bright lime green 40lb on one of my reels, and it literally glows in the dark under blacklight!

I havent checked it with the Stren Blue Flourescent yet, I am hoping it works well with it also.

4. indycatman

indycatman New Member

State:
    Greenwood, Indi
    hey guys they do work i have the one that clip on cap and yes they do work and put out go lighting :cool2::cool2::cool2:

5. Critter Getter

Critter Getter New Member

State:
    Elnora, Indiana
    My new light has a blacklight setting on it. I absolutely love it. The green big game line is almost too bright :cool2: Makes retying knots much easier though

6. gilmafam

gilmafam Well-Known Member

State:
    California
    I got one... just keep forgetting that I have it.... need to put it on my hat and then it will be ready to use....LOL

7. Mickey

Mickey New Member Supporting Member

State:
    Illinois
    Thanks Kyle for sharing the cap light info. I like the use of blacklights but was not aware they made a light for the cap. Good stuff.

8. Swampfox.

Swampfox. New Member

State:
    Louisiana
    i had been playin with the blacklight fishin for a while now. i gotta 24 inch unit with allagator clips to attach to a battery. thing is i love the effect of the light with the solar line. however,in some instances it to much extra gear. looks like the cap light is an easier route to go.

9. fishinfreak19D

fishinfreak19D New Member

State:
    Pittston, PA
    i never used a blacklight for fishin, but now i think i gotta look into it

10. ThaWstSide

ThaWstSide New Member

State:
    Speedway,
    I think as well as I said in my previous post about it making the line glow, I believe it is dim enough being black light that it wont cause a stir for fish in the water that spook when the light hits them.

It dont work so well for the moss green spiderwire braid, if anything I think it makes it harder to see with the black light.

11. Critter Getter

State:
    Elnora, Indiana
    I started using mine while we were bass fishing at night. When the moon is about full you dont need a light to see where your casting but it was hard to see to take hooks out of fish etc... But as soon as you turn on a light you get swarmed by bugs. Prolly my favorite part of the blacklight is that it doesn't attract as many bugs as a regular light does. I know I don't go out at night without mine.

12. Critter Getter

State:
    Elnora, Indiana
    Mine has an adjustable strap on it to put on your head. It has 3 different settings, 2 are white led's and the other is a blacklight. Not sure what the brand of it is though...:sad2:

13. RiverBuggy4x4

RiverBuggy4x4 New Member

State:
    Indiana
    yeah I've had one of those but they are only good for a short distance
    :smile2::smile2: