Blacklight Cap Light

Discussion in 'Misc Fishing Tackle Talk' started by kyleco55, Aug 3, 2009.

1. kyleco55

kyleco55 Well-Known Member

State:
    Central In
    Well guys, i had to hit walmart tonight to get some propane tanks for the lanterns before a night of fishing. as i was ready to leave, i took a stroll down the clearance aisle ( like i usually do). I found a little Energizer brand clip on light for my hat bill.. i use these lights alot, and this one was in an opened package marked for only $1!! Well i grabbed it and headed out.. after fishing for a little bit, it was starting to get dark, so i figured id check out my new gadget. at first, i was a little upset with it.. "its not very bright, and the frigging thing is purple:angry:".. ah, until i looked down at my open tackle bag! the light i bought tonight was a blacklight clip on light.. and i must say.. this thing is awesome!! i had to tie a few hooks on tonight, and switched rig styles a few times ( i think i was mainly looking for excuses to turn the light on again :smile2:) it was VERY suprisingly easy to tie my hooks and rigs with this thing!

Ive never used a blacklight for fishing before, but im definately going to now! this thing is neat!

Im adding a few pictures of my new hat light, and some of the features it provides! Ive put the pictures side by side to show the items in natural light, and in the dark with the black light. When i took the pictures using the blacklight, i turned the lights off in my living room, and shut the flash off on my camera.

P.S. when momma (almost 9 months pregnant) comes into the living room at 5 am asking what the heck im doing, i dont think the answer she was looking for is " nothing, playing with my new light, and taking pictures to put on the BOC" :smile2::smile2: oops

Attached Files:

2. whiteriverbigcats

whiteriverbigcats New Member

State:
    Indiana
    I was looking into getting one of these lights and seeing if I could find one with a spotlight/ blacklight and small light all in one

3. plainsman

plainsman New Member Supporting Member

State:
    minnesota
    I had a green one, didn't help keep from scaring the nitecrawlers, and hard to see em with the black lite. I have a small black light that is supposed to help find stuff in the dark but dont help me much.

4. LazyBum

LazyBum New Member

State:
    East Tulsa, Okl
    I have one, but mine is just white light, but love it.. Sure beats trying to hold a small flashlight in your mouth when trying to tie on hooks and sinkers and stuff

5. kyleco55

kyleco55 Well-Known Member

State:
    Central In
    yeah, ive got a few white ones, and green ones that i use for hunting. ( walking in the woods at 3 am) like i said, i didnt know up front this one was a blacklight, but im glad now that it is... i am definately going to be looking for a bigger black light now..

6. lendog

lendog New Member

State:
    berks, PA
    the tips of my catty poles have some glow paint and with the black lights those tips light up like a X-mas tree, which is awesome, but the only thing i don't like with the black lights is that they are a bit dim when it comes to tying knots or ya really need some light