blackbird or vulture?

Discussion in 'General Conversation' started by JERMSQUIRM, Apr 23, 2008.

1. JERMSQUIRM

JERMSQUIRM New Member

State:
    il-waynesv
    man. i had a starling nesting on my waterskis last year in my shed. i was just in there going through things to clean it and organize.

look at this freakin nest. i think she had thought her babies were vultures. there is as much where she got in as in this nest.:eek:oooh:

2. orion_xxvx

orion_xxvx New Member

State:
    North Central Missouri
    I have to say that maybe the nest was added to in more than one season.

3. BIG GEORGE

BIG GEORGE New Member

State:
    JOISY
    Niether! Its a condor. LOL!

4. JERMSQUIRM

JERMSQUIRM New Member

State:
    il-waynesv
    nope. i just built the shed two years ago. and the grass the nest was built from was tall landscape grass that i have and no one close at all to me has it.

it came through a small hole where a corner of the particle board was chipped off. there was almost a garbage bag full of the long stiff dry grass there as well as the nest.:eek:oooh:

i see a starling shoot out a few times when i went into the shed last year. i spent a couple hours asdding 2x4s between the rafters where the sofit was open. now theres no entrance. and the little hole is closed. get r dun before she returns lol.:wink:

5. JERMSQUIRM

JERMSQUIRM New Member

State:
    il-waynesv
    and where i added on to my bathroom i dont have the sofits on yet. sat with a cold one the other day with my .22 with bird shot. blasted the starling that was trying to nest there too.

6. willcat

willcat New Member

State:
    texas
    That ought to fiz that problem right up. BTW great size reference in that pic:wink: