Black Widow Spider Rigging System Ultra

Discussion in 'Fishing Rod Holder Review' started by ShilohRed, Jan 3, 2008.

1. ShilohRed

ShilohRed New Member

State:
    West Tn
    Black Widow Spider Rigging System Ultra with 4 - 5610's
    Mounts 4 rods - 2" heavy tube, 16" top bar, 18" tube (top to bottom plate), 6" mounting track.

This is the System they gave away at Christmas.

It’s a well-built Stand nice clean welds looks great. Main upright Tube is 2” heady Duty not going anywhere stand. The cross piece that the holders fit on it thick also. Again not going to bend this one.
    The Mounting tack is nice and easy to use. Allowing the user to remove the whole Rod Holder for storage. They even have a cover that goes over the mounting track that keeps it clean and looking good. Wish I had ordered one and may still order some when I order the other to match tomorrow.

Now the holders they’re self’s are also well-built and covered to keep from marking up your rods. Also do not think they will allow a rod to come out of one. Or even be pulled out. They can adjust to stand the rod tip up, or adjust to lower the rod tip down. Turn the knob and slide the holder forward or backward. This part can be hard. As when you go to move one. It can and does move a lot. So Just hole on to it and move it a little and then tighten the knob back up..

I will have to say this is a nice design and well thought out product. Would I buy one of them now? Yes I plan on ordering one in the next few days. Along with extra bases and the base covers.
    Is there anything that would make this Product better? Yes replace the small adjustment knobs with bigger ones. That will allow the user to tighten them better and keep the movement out of them.

I would say there well worth the Price and can be used for Catfishing, Crappie or what ever fish your after at that time. AS I do not think your going to break one. AS if the drag is set right on a reel. There’s no way to even think about putting enough pressure on one.

I thank Tite-Lok for the great Product, And the BOC for getting them on board and allowing the product to be given away.

Pete

2. ShilohRed

ShilohRed New Member

State:
    West Tn
    I changed the T knobs out for bigger knobs. That make it better at tightening them up. Not a Big cost. but makes it so much better on adjusting them.
    http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v693/ShilohRed/Tite-Lok rod holders/Tite-LokBlackWidowUltra004.jpg
    Showing the standard knob on the left and the ones I replaced them with.
    Here I took the adjuster apart and put a piece of rubber in both half's.
    http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v693/ShilohRed/Tite-Lok rod holders/Tite-LokBlackWidowUltra003.jpg
    This keeps the Aluminum to Aluminum from sliding when adjusting them. Not sure will hold up but trying it.

I know its not a lot. but they do not need a lot of changing like some.
    Pete
    http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v...k rod holders/Tite-LokBlackWiddowUltra001.jpg