black squirrel in the collection

Discussion in 'Small Game Hunting' started by JERMSQUIRM, Jan 24, 2008.

1. JERMSQUIRM

JERMSQUIRM New Member

State:
    il-waynesv
    this is one of the prettiest squirrels ive ever seen. just mounted it this last weekend. i got it from a friend in minnasota alon with liscense # and county taken. this pic is right after it was sewn up. the other pics are a fox and grey i took in illinois. i would like to get a red. ill have to get it from out of state. they are protected here in il. i love seeing the little critters in the shop. we have all white albinos in il but protected as well. i seen one on ebay for
    $280 last week.

2. JERMSQUIRM

JERMSQUIRM New Member

State:
    il-waynesv

3. Sparky Larson

Sparky Larson New Member

State:
    Marlette Michigan
    We have reds here in Michigan. Tell me how you want them shot, and with what type of gun, and maybe I can help you out. Tell me how to ship it, and next season, I'll see what I can do.
    Is it legal to ship things like that to another state where it is not legal?
    Sparky

4. JERMSQUIRM

JERMSQUIRM New Member

State:
    il-waynesv
    ya as long as the skin has the info with it. name of hunter lisc# and county state taken . thats what was done with this black squirrel

5. catfishjohn

catfishjohn New Member

State:
    Greenup Co. KY
    Thanks for sharing. Never seen a black squirrel before.:confused2:

6. catfishcrazy256

catfishcrazy256 New Member

State:
    Indiana
    good lookin squrill will make nice mount !!!

7. john catfish young

john catfish young New Member

State:
    Kentucky
    I like the squirrels. Never seen a black one but have heard of them. Are they the same thing as a piney? or is that different. Whats the difference between a red and a fox? The white nose? Just wandering. Also nice Deer mounts too.:smile2:

8. Massive Cat

Massive Cat New Member

State:
    Indiana
    Thanks for the post. I've never seen a black squirrel before.

9. JERMSQUIRM

JERMSQUIRM New Member

State:
    il-waynesv
    fox and reds shown here. reds are smaller and brighter red. fox have a salt and pepper color just like a fox, hence the name.

10. JERMSQUIRM

JERMSQUIRM New Member

State:
    il-waynesv
    ya he is mounted in the pic. i have him almost done now. detail around eyes and mouth im doing tonight. ill get some better pics up. hes awesome.

11. Katatonik

Katatonik New Member

State:
    Ogden, Kansas,
    The squirrel species here in Kansas is the black squirrel but the color that
    they take most often is a reddish brown. For some odd reason the dominant
    color of pure black is rare now but when white folks first showed up, it was
    really quite common to see pure black squirrels. There's a little town up in
    north central KS on highway 36 called Marysville where they have a colony
    of the pure blacks and they're really proud of them. Doubt if they'd let you
    shoot one though.

12. Plowboy411

Plowboy411 New Member

State:
    Georgia
    The only black squirrels we have in Ga, are young fox squirrels.:wink:
    nice work my friend.:cool2:

13. Mickey

Mickey New Member Supporting Member

State:
    Illinois
    Thanks for sharing the pics and info on the black squirrel. First i have ever seen. Appreciated.

14. JERMSQUIRM

JERMSQUIRM New Member

State:
    il-waynesv
    got him all done. camera cord is messed up. short or something. ill get pics of him on tues. he looks great now.

15. coble9

coble9 New Member

State:
    Ohio
    we have black grey and fox mostly around here in ohio. Mostly only fox in the country. The black and grays have taken over the towns. I could get a black squirrel right now, bb gun out the kitchen window. I love in town :sad2:. I have thought about thinning out the squirrels around my house, but they are town squirrels and might taste bad. It's a small town of around 1000 people, but they do get in peoples trash. I used to go squirrel hunting a lot, but now I spend a lot more time deer hunting and the rabbit.

16. JERMSQUIRM

JERMSQUIRM New Member

State:
    il-waynesv
    ive ate town squirrel in my day. no difference. least i couldnt tell.

17. catfishscotty

catfishscotty Well-Known Member

State:
    mo

very nice work thats neat only black squirrel i ever seen was northern missouri while we where phesant hunting i didnt get to shoot it my buddy did wish he would of gotten his mounted you do very nice work!!!!!!:wink: reps to ya

18. JERMSQUIRM

JERMSQUIRM New Member

State:
    il-waynesv
    ill post a DONE pic tomorrow. i have to take my camera card to library. my cord is not working and i dont have the sedia card slot.

19. gargoil77

gargoil77 New Member

State:
    Clarksville, Indiana
    Nice black squirrel. Did you mount them cans too? LOL. I'm getting a brown and white squirrel from a friend who has had it in his freezer for two years. I was going to get it mounted if it messed up.

20. brinley45cal

brinley45cal Active Member

State:
    kentucky
    i used to have two white ground hogs in my yard.it took me awhile to figure out what i was looking at,was pretty cool.