Black River

Discussion in 'SOUTH CAROLINA RIVERS TALK' started by rivercatsc, Jan 6, 2008.

1. rivercatsc

rivercatsc New Member

State:
    South Caro
    I will be staying this weekend in a cabin on the Black river at browns ferry near Georgetown. I was wondering if anybody has ever done any fishing down there. I hope to have a good report and any tips bettween now and then would be nice. Thanks.

2. blackwaterkatz

blackwaterkatz Active Member

State:
    Andrews, SC
    I've got a niece who used to catch loads of cats in that area, James. Moving current is the key, usually. She would set up just before the tide change, with her boyfriend, and they caught plenty of them.

3. rivercatsc

rivercatsc New Member

State:
    South Caro
    Thanks Tommy I am going to give it a try. It looks to be alot like the pee dee so it shouldnt be to big of a problem locating some cats I just hope to find a few bigguns. I am cooking a frogmore stew this friday night at Uncle Monty's you outta swing down there and eat with us there will be plenty of food. The cabin is about 1/4mile on left after going over the river at Browns Ferry.

4. SFISHER

SFISHER Member

State:
    South Carolina
    Name:
    Steve
    Rivercat, try the mouth of Mingo creek, its about 1/2 south of the browns ferry bridge. Black river might look like the Pee Dee on the map, but it is alot deeper! Cut mullet, and live bream have worked good for me.

5. rivercatsc

rivercatsc New Member

State:
    South Caro
    Got back from the Black river yesterday but didnt get to do alot of fishing due to rain which was fine by me. Did catch some fish but all in the 1-2# range and I had bait in the livewell bigger than that.LOL Overall had a great time shooting skeet and eating lots of shrimp. Maybe I should have saved some of those shrimp for bait naw I like eating them toooooooo much.

PS I think I will stick to the Pee Dee River there is too much floating grass it was like tring to fish in georgetown during the full moon.

6. blackwaterkatz

blackwaterkatz Active Member

State:
    Andrews, SC
    We had real high tides the past several days, so I'm not too surprised at the amount of grass. I saw a lot of debris up on PD above 701 on Friday, too, but the tide was pretty low when I was there. Maybe next trip will work out better.