Black River (Thumb)

Discussion in 'MICHIGAN RIVERS TALK' started by j-mack, May 17, 2009.

1. j-mack

j-mack New Member

State:
    michigan
    I have fished the Black River in the thumb a couple of times. I am not from that area and was wondering where some good spots are to fish from shore for the cats. I have fished in the little park off of what I believe was water street right across the river from a boat launch and some apartments. Never had any luck. Any suggestions?:eek:oooh:

2. DLB-in-GR

DLB-in-GR New Member

State:
    MI
    I'd like to know the same thing about the Kawkawlin River (Bay City), where a buddy of mine bought a house. There are so many rivers in Michigan and so few Michigan people on this board. And then there are some that hoard their information like that and won't share it--I am not talking about anyone in particular, just fishermen in general. I hope you find the info you are after, but you might have to just use common catfishing information and find the spots on your own. Good luck and good fishing to you!

3. Gr_Cat

Gr_Cat New Member

State:
    Michigan
    Wish I could help you more, it's been like 20 years since I fished the black river in PortHuron, when I used to live in Marysville. I fished from a friends back yard into the black river, and only caught a bunch of bullheads back then. We pulled a few small pike out under a bridge, sorry I don't know any good spots for you to try. Check at any local small baitshops, they may be able to give you some clues, it's got to have some good sized channels in it!

4. j-mack

j-mack New Member

State:
    michigan
    Your right Gr Cat it does have some nice channels in it. I've seen some that were caught by a freind of my uncles. This was about four years ago I think. Hey Doug I work with people who fish the Kawkalin all the time, one of them lives pretty close to the river. I'll see what I can find out for you. Just give me a few days to get in touch with them.