Black river report

Discussion in 'ARKANSAS RIVERS TALK' started by CIRCLE HOOK, Jul 16, 2006.

1. CIRCLE HOOK

CIRCLE HOOK New Member

State:
    ARKANSAS
    When we pulled up to the landing, it was a sad site. The river was 5-6 foot from coming over the banks with the occasional tree foating downstream. Against what little good common sense I have, we hit the river. After all, we done drove 70 miles to get there. I probably don't have to tell yall we got skunked. I had no idea what to do, and tried everything we could think of. Nothing. I sure would appreciate finding out when the river gets fishable or what I was doing wrong. Anybody do any good this weekend??? Kenny

2. coach

coach New Member

State:
    Greenville , Ms

3. Arkie55

Arkie55 New Member

State:
    Mississippi
    Circlehook,
    Where did you launch? I only live about 6 miles from the river and keep close tabs on it since it's my primary catfishing waters. Send me a PM and we'll discuss the river and what sections I fish.

4. SeedTick

SeedTick New Member

State:
    Conway Arkansas
    Hey Kenny, I can't help you none on the Black. I just wanted to say welcome to the Brotherhood. Glad to have another Arkie in the family.

ST

5. CIRCLE HOOK

CIRCLE HOOK New Member

State:
    ARKANSAS
    Thanks for the info and the greetings. This site is awesome. As pretty much a novice, this place is a wealth of knowledge. Guess I am going to the Arkansas this weekend and help a buddy (and fellow boc newguy) try to figure the cats out. I read "no flow no go" but beings that we're pretty hardheaded and willing to fish about 12 to 16 hours at a time, we are going flow or not, rain or shine. We grew up together, swapped being best men, and live too far apart to get together as much as we like,so when we do, we hit 'em hard whether it be catfish, turkey, deer, coon huntin', we hit it hard whether it does us any good or not!!!!!!! So that's our plan, Arkansas River catfishin' any suggestions???Even for no flow. Terry, I am still working on 10 posts, but will pm you soon.