Black River catfish?

Discussion in 'ARIZONA RIVERS TALK' started by santibus, Mar 5, 2007.

1. santibus

santibus New Member

State:
    arizona
    any one know if there are any flatty's in the black river I will be going there ina couple of weeks and was curious. I know there are descent channel cats... thanks for any help or advice..

2. Tym2Fish

Tym2Fish New Member

State:
    Scottsdale Arizona
    I never knew there were even channels in Black River. Too be quite honest though I do not know of anyone that fishes there. Doesnt the Black River run up by Eager (White Mountains) somwhere or am I thinking of a different river. Sorry I couldnt be of more help but am interested in this and will have to do some research.

3. santibus

santibus New Member

State:
    arizona
    there are channel cats in the black river, it is actually on the black river that borders the white river and the elevation is lower ??!!
    I have caught channels but never tried for flatty's.. I would like to assume that where there are channels there are flatty's, but thats not always the case unfortunately!!!

thanks

4. Dirkdigler33

Dirkdigler33 New Member

State:
    arizona
    Me and my buddies were there a couple of years ago on a small mouth fing trip .The smallys did'nt bite ,but after dark we started catching some nice channels 3-4 pounds.I don't know if there are any flatty's.We only has crawlers to fish with .Sure would be interested in finding out .
    Good luck on your trip !

5. azflathead

azflathead New Member

State:
    Arizona
    No there arent any flatheads in the black. You have to get lower down into the salt before you get into the flathead.