Black Lights

Discussion in 'Boat Modification Journal' started by Ulikedew, Dec 1, 2007.

1. Ulikedew

Ulikedew New Member

State:
    Georgetown IN
  2. biga

biga Well-Known Member

State:
    evansville
    never used them but it would be cool to dress in all white with the black light on and float down the river and see how many ghost sitings are called in....

3. SubnetZero

SubnetZero New Member

State:
    Sherman IL
    I use a black light on my boat.. LOVE IT..

Matter of fact, I put a NiteStalker III on my santa list this year... Wanted something I could take with me for when I bank fish.. NS3 uses either 12V or D batts...

4. Big Dav

Big Dav New Member

State:
    Southwest
    I have used them for years and love them for hight fishing. I used Sloan balcklights for years. This past summer I switched over to LED blacklights. I researched it for a long time and then decided to purchase the Moon Lite brand blacklights. I have the cordless style blacklights on my boats and that really helps at night with not having cords ran all over the floor of the boat.
    Here is a link to the lights I use now and the ones I would suggest. http://www.backwatersonline.com/moreinfo.cfm?Product_ID=8123&CFID=7113079&CFTOKEN=4168226

I bought mine from a local marina for $135 each plus tax each.

They are small in size but each one of the Moon Lite LED blacklights are as bright as two of the Sloan blacklights that I had before. These cost a little more but I am a strong believer that you get what you pay for.

I hope this was some help,
    David

5. Ulikedew

Ulikedew New Member

State:
    Georgetown IN
    Might have to do that after Thunder Over Louisville with all the drunks on the bank lol

6. biga

biga Well-Known Member

State:
    evansville
    whats the benefit of the black light over a regular white light?

7. Big Dav

Big Dav New Member

State:
    Southwest
    The blacklights are a ultra violet light that will make any florescent line glow and be highly visible at night. The blacklight does not attract bugs like a regular white light and I don't think it hurts your night vision. Also I don't find that it hurts the fishing like bright white light can sometimes do.
    Just my two cents,
    David

8. merlin6988

merlin6988 Guest

I've never used them on my boat but my buddy has. It made a big difference for me cause I'm dang near blind.I think his were neon tubes for cars tho, I'm not real sure.

9. Big Dav

Big Dav New Member

State:
    Southwest
    Also keep in mind battery drain. That was another reason I changed over to the LED style blacklights. I can run four of the Moon Lite LED blacklights all night and use less power than two of the Sloan's would use in a couple of hours.

10. great pappy cat

great pappy cat Active Member

State:
    P.A
    I installed 2 of the small $50 LED black lights from bass pro on my boat.I bought and compared them with there largest night stalker.The led was drastically better.They do a good job of lighting my line and berkley glowstick rods but i still use 1.5" glowsticks on the rod tip.The brackets they come with are kinda cheesy Ill probably machine sturdyer ones this winter.Sometimes its good to be a machinist.As far as not attracting bugs.Thats not my expeirience.My river is known for its prolific may fly hatches.If I have them on early in the evening they swarm badly.Not to pleasent but If I wait for the hatches to subside its not bad at all