black friday

Discussion in 'LOCAL GEORGIA TALK' started by katmax, Nov 27, 2009.

1. katmax

katmax New Member

State:
    griffin ga
    just want to know what yall think about gettin up at 4 am to stand in line at a store.....so you can spend your hard earned money....i think its crazy....unless its to buy fishin tackel.....:smile2::eek:oooh::roll_eyes:

2. stoney53

stoney53 Well-Known Member

State:
    PA
    i stay far away from any mall ,store , whatever at this time of year...other than my local mom and pop sport shop... you cant be wrapped to tight to even think about going to the store on black friday :crazy: :smile2:

3. whiteriver

whiteriver New Member

State:
    in
    The last time I was up and standing in a line at 4am they were playing a bugle in the background for encouragement. :crazy:

4. cvbaitman

cvbaitman New Member

State:
    georgia
    thats sound right to me i had to work it for about 15 yrs at radio shack and man it gets crazy you get up wait on doors to open and grab the good deals and most of the time the store wold run out of that one item before you couldget it. i wold rather be fishing than shoping myself.......a bent rod will get the hart pounding:big_smile:

5. Steve Douglas

Steve Douglas Well-Known Member Supporting Member

State:
    Kentucky
    thats was funny earl!

6. papasage

papasage Member

State:
    Fitzgerald, Geo
    don`t need anything that bad .

7. Catfishboy1995

Catfishboy1995 New Member

State:
    Council Bluffs
    :big_smile::big_smile:i went to basspro at 8 oclock this morning:big_smile::big_smile::big_smile:They were buisey!!:smile2::smile2:

8. pabloracer4748

pabloracer4748 New Member

State:
    Kansas
    Id pay double price just to stay away from those crazy black friday women:wink:

9. punkin570

punkin570 New Member

State:
    MS
    4 am? LOL now that is funny.... any true Black Friday hunter knows you start standin in line at MIDNIGHT. If you there by 4 am, you will not get what you went for.

Not a personal fan of Black Friday shoppin myself but I have been there adn done that.... total insanity.

10. pabloracer4748

pabloracer4748 New Member

State:
    Kansas
    Yep I'd defanitly pay double!

11. tackleholic

tackleholic New Member

State:
    New Albany
    I never have been shopping on black friday that I can remember. I had my first experience today on the job. It wasn't the shoppers that was the royal pain, try the managers. :eek:oooh: :embarassed: :confused2: :angry:

12. JPritch

JPritch New Member

State:
    Lynchburg, VA
    I think that about sums it up perfectly.

I never understood the hype or wanting to subject oneself to all that craziness.

I'll just order my gifts online in the comfort of my home. No rude people, no lines.

13. whiteriver

whiteriver New Member

State:
    in
    Well I can tell you from experience that it sure wasn't at the time. :dribble: I guess the years just take the edge away. You know how we all talk about the "Good ole days" Most were a pain in the bottom. ((:)smile2:)))

14. centexcop

centexcop Well-Known Member

State:
    Texas
    There's two lines I'm going to wait in;
    1. Boat Ramp, If I don't drive a few extra miles to avoid it.
    2. Bathroom, If there's not a tree available.

I try to wait to the last minute, when it's less crowded......:eek:oooh:

15. redbone

redbone New Member

State:
    smiths sta
    Amen brother.... a counrty boy can survive !!!

those women will kill you if you get that last G.I. JOE with the kungfu grip that little johnny wanted.

bugle comment brought me back as well !!!

:smile2::smile2:

16. catfisherman369

catfisherman369 Floyd

State:
    Nashville Il.
    Well I love it . Me and the son in law go one way the wife and daughter go another . My other daughter and the daughter in laws hit the mall and my 4 boys hit the walmarts . We usually drop 4 to 5 thousand every year . Up at 3 a.m. in line till 5 am and its off to the races . We go all out around here for christmas a few hours in line to make the wife and grandkids happy is not to much to ask . We made out like fat cats today . I will have to get some pictures posted of the livingroom tomorrow of the beginning of the tree disapering ....lol