Black Bear in my yard!

Discussion in 'LOCAL PENNSYLVANIA TALK' started by Pennsylvaniacatchaser, Apr 6, 2008.

1. Pennsylvaniacatchaser

Pennsylvaniacatchaser Well-Known Member

State:
    Sarver, Pa
    I had a unexpected visitor this weekend! I was outside doing yard work and discovered fresh Bear tracks in the mud! We have had bears in my area before so its no surprise but these tracks were pretty big! :crazy: Pic of tracks attached!

Attached Files:

2. Bacardipr05

Bacardipr05 New Member

State:
    Pennsylvan
    Whew thats a big bear print.. Wow... Imagine brushing up on that at night..:eek:oooh:

3. Mike81

Mike81 Well-Known Member

State:
    Alabama
    Do you have a trail camera?? It would be fun to get some pictures of the rascal...:big_smile:

4. catfishrollo

catfishrollo New Member

State:
    Ohio
    that ain't no bear!!! thats J.W chasing coyotees in his barefeet again! I told DH to give him a manicure!!!!:smile2: rollo

5. CountryHart

CountryHart New Member

State:
    missouri
    Layin all jokes aside, that JW feller looks bout as wolly too.:eek:oooh: Probably just as onrey too:smile2:

6. flathunter

flathunter New Member

State:
    Ohio
    Dude!!!!! Those are saquatch tracks for sure! Contact the penn bigfoot society, yes there is one!

7. catfishrollo

catfishrollo New Member

State:
    Ohio
    sasquatch, JW same thing...just different names ....rollo:eek:oooh:

8. Blacky

Blacky New Member

State:
    Philadelphia, P
    Next will be a mountain lion!

Are you gonna do something about it, Scott? Notify Fish and Game? Is it safe to live around bears?

9. zeboman

zeboman New Member

State:
    Pennsylvan
    Keep your eye out for Penguin tracks, I hear they are out and about this time of year.

10. Pennsylvaniacatchaser

Pennsylvaniacatchaser Well-Known Member

State:
    Sarver, Pa
    The Game Commission knows all about the Bears in my area. They had one radio collared last year and were tracking its movements. The Bears don't bother people. They mostly move at night. This time of the year they travel a lot looking for a new home territory.

11. Ulikedew

Ulikedew New Member

State:
    Georgetown IN
    I can remember when I was around 11 and visiting my grandparents in Titusville around Thanksgiving.They had about 3-4 hundred acres at the time.It had just snowed about 5-6 inches on the ground and I wanted to go out in the woods to play.I was told it was ok so I went down in the woods to a creek that was the property line.I came across some fresh tracks I looked around to make sure I wasn't going to be attacked by a big ole bear and ran.I got to the house and my uncles didn't believe me I saw bear tracks.About an hour later their neighbors on the other side of the creek called warning my grandparents about a bear walking in the area I had left.Needless to say I had a big told you so to my uncles.

12. zeboman

zeboman New Member

State:
    Pennsylvan
    That is bear country in Warren county, we see them around camp all the time and have to keep an eye on the deer we kill because they will take it if you don`t pay attention. We usually run them off by approaching them aggressively with a shovel or something and yelling,black bear attacks are rare they try to avoid us for the most part.

13. Coyote1

Coyote1 New Member

State:
    Missouri
    Well folks, here is my two cents worth.
    Some of you may chase one off by yelling at it, but knowing how my luck runs, that Bear would be the FIRST one that had that pulled on it several times and did not fall for it anymore and would start screaming and heading MY WAY!!!! :eek:oooh: I'm not afraid of them, but I have a healthy respect for what even the smallest of the Bear Family could do to me if it came down to being bare handed against a Bear! No pun intended!! I value my life too dam*ed MUCH to take a chance!!
    So, IF I am going to scare one off by yelling at it, I think I will take my .338 WM with me loaded with some of those Nosler Partitions, say a 210 grainer at 3100 feet per second! OR at least my .45 WM Grizzly loaded with either those 250 grain Nosler Partitions or some of those Sierra 300 grainer's! ... ... ... You know, ... Just in case!!
    My beliefs for dealing with Bears, which I just explained, is like my beliefs about having a lot of money!
    It's Far Better to have a LOT of it and not need it, than to need it and NOT HAVE IT!!!:big_smile:
    Fraternally,
    Coyote1
    [[[[[End of Post]]]]]

14. Ulikedew

Ulikedew New Member

State:
    Georgetown IN
    I have a question do they still make the PA gaming magazine.I remember when I was little I used to read that all the time when I visited up that way.

15. catfisherman_eky3

catfisherman_eky3 New Member

State:
    Kentucky
    Looks like thats a big bear

16. waynesburgjay

waynesburgjay New Member

State:
    Pennsylvan
    They have PA Game News.

17. tbartek

tbartek New Member Supporting Member

State:
    New Germany, PA
    Scott, that's why Mr. Glock always goes fishing with me at Lock 6. One night a couple years ago I was hearing something moving around in the woods behind me for a couple of hours and when daylight broke I could see the bear down the river getting a drink or looking for flatheads, I know it was one or the other.:smile2:

18. firechief4201

firechief4201 New Member

State:
    Catlettsburg, Kentucky
    A black bear comes threw my area from time to time. It will scare the crap out of you.

19. jigerjim

jigerjim New Member

State:
    North East Pa.
    Hey Scott now you know how I feel, I have bear in my yard every year. I think I posted a few pix of bear around my house before. that is a big bear.:crazy:

20. catfishcrazy256

catfishcrazy256 New Member

State:
    Indiana
    High on a mountian and what do I see Bear tracks .
    ,Bear tracks lookin back at me !!! :confused2::eek:oooh: