Black Bean Salad

Discussion in 'The BOC Diner' started by rebelzgrl76, May 2, 2007.

1. rebelzgrl76

rebelzgrl76 New Member

State:
    CO
    Anyone got a good Black Bean Salad recipe? I have only had it once, that I liked. It was at the Pig Out Inn BBQ (I think) in Natchez, Mississippi and it was wonderful.

2. Stubby

Stubby New Member

State:
    Kansas, Ar
    Amy, My Sara makes a black bean salad that we served at our BBQ and I was looking for the recipe. I finally ask her and as near as we can remember it is as this. she says you have to kinda use the items you personaly like.
    (1) Can-black beans) rinsed well.
    (1) Cup-Frozen or Canned Corn
    (1/2) Cup-Chopped Onion or Chopped Green Onion
    (1/2) Cup Chopped Celery
    (1/2) Cup Chopped Tomato- Fresh
    You can add Cilantro-Jalapino-Red pepper flakes- etc ...Dressing is Olive oil-Lime Juice-Garlic Salt-(lime juice is Key to taste) mix and Salt & Pepper to taste Easy does it!!! I can certanly eat my share tho. It is good with BBQ because it kinda covers the sweet taste. Also---This was My Cole Slaw Dressing for the BBQ---You can scale it. just devide it by 4.
    48 oz Sour Cream
    48 oz Salad dressing
    16 oz vinegar-apple cider -Brown
    16 oz sugar
    4 oz celery seed.
    Makes about a Gallon
    Serve over very fresh shredded cabbage

Carls of Ark City,Ks Carry Out Only run by Carl & Sara from Late 1980s thru late 1990s retired in 1996 to fish...Hope You enjoy

3. rebelzgrl76

rebelzgrl76 New Member

State:
    CO
    Thank you Carl very much! I'll give it a try. My compliments to Sara as well. :smile2:

4. Stubby

Stubby New Member

State:
    Kansas, Ar
    Amy, always remember a recipe is only good if it tastes good to you. You may have to modify a dressing or ingredents to your taste. do that by adding or subtracting a small amount of something at a time. You like Bread Pudding?
    Thank You for the thank you.
    Carl & Sara

5. rebelzgrl76

rebelzgrl76 New Member

State:
    CO
    Copelands had an awesome Bread Pudding. I cant say that I have ever had it too many times. Sounds great though.

I am think that I am going to put some cilantro in my beans, that sounds similar to what i was referring to with the restaurant in MS.