bizarre eating intestines????

Discussion in 'The BOC Diner' started by JERMSQUIRM, Mar 2, 2008.

1. JERMSQUIRM

JERMSQUIRM New Member

State:
    il-waynesv
    most of ya know i do a lot of cooking and love some out of the ordanery foods. and in my signature i have it too.

does anyone else watch bizzare foods with andrew zimmerman? on travel channel?

ive seen him eat poisonious fish in toyoko, beating frogs heart, snakes, grilled chicken popes noses (the little fat thing that the tail feathers go into) nutrea (beaver looking rodant from louisana) turduckin (stuffed chicken in a duck in a turkey and sewn up) ducks feet, sea cucumber (tasted like warm petroliuom jelly) ect.... its on now. i love this show. just ate chitlens. hog intestines. going for fried pickels now in louisana.

http://www.travelchannel.com/TV_Shows/Bizarre_Foods

2. Mark J

Mark J New Member

State:
    Four Oaks, NC
    I love a plate of chittlins with some hot vinegar.
    Mexicans on the farm made me some beef chittlin tacos.
    Nothing but chittlins and pureed red peppers.
    Yea, my kind of taco. Wiping sweat off my brow by the second one.

Every weekend I have to go to town to find an old bread truck converted into a taco kitchen for some steaked beef tongue tacos with nothing but diced tomatoes, onions and cilantro. Smother it with tomatillo green picante.
    Yep, wiping sweat of the brow by the second taco.
    Thats what the tall glass of horchata is for.:wink:

3. catfishcrazy256

catfishcrazy256 New Member

State:
    Indiana
    that guy just aint right

4. JERMSQUIRM

JERMSQUIRM New Member

State:
    il-waynesv
    grouper throats, yes the fish throat and cheeks. they said this part is a stronger fish taste and these usually never make it off the boats. eaten by the fisherman. like the tenderlions of the deer usually never make it from deer camp. then mullet. fish. the restraunt cooked the roe, eggs and fillets as well as the gizzard and bones and tail. he gave the tail a 6 and the roe -1.

5. JERMSQUIRM

JERMSQUIRM New Member

State:
    il-waynesv
    am watching the spain edition. he just had fresh creiadia (spelling) bulls testicles seared in live oil accented with pork fat. then trype. made from 3 of the 4 cows stomachs. and bull tail before that. and some type of dryed fish eggs he said like a jerky. :eek:oooh: heading to a ham store now???? ive seen it but a while ago.

this ham meuseum bar leaves all the shank and hooves on so you can tell what type of pig and ham your getting.lol. hams are cured and just hanging on the walls. now head cheese. lol.

6. Mike81

Mike81 Well-Known Member

State:
    Alabama
    I really enjoy watching that show too. I am pretty hard to scare, I'd eat most things he eats on the show...maybe a couple things I'd pass on...think of all the things on his show I'd pass on the 'stinky tofu' and the durian...:eek:oooh::smile2:

7. Mike81

Mike81 Well-Known Member

State:
    Alabama

8. JERMSQUIRM

JERMSQUIRM New Member

State:
    il-waynesv
    ever see the one where he ate the baked trantula and scorpions on cucumber cream crackers and madagascar hissing cockroaches injected with teriyaki sauce just before cooked. they were fed oranges and apples to enhance flavor. and baked maggots sprinkeled on bannanna slices. and meal worms baked crisp and poked into cherry tomatoes.? not sure about those. maybe all but maggots. i aint eating them.:eek:oooh:

9. JERMSQUIRM

JERMSQUIRM New Member

State:
    il-waynesv
    check this out. i took the what the heck is andrew eating quiz. 100%
    its on the link.

10. badkarma

badkarma New Member

State:
    Oxford,Miss
    I ain't eatin' no bugs!!!! but I'll eat all the chittlins I can get,hand slung,creek washed and stump whopped!!!

11. Doyle

Doyle New Member

State:
    Illinois
    You guys keep this up and I may not eat today.:eek:oooh:

12. CountryHart

CountryHart New Member

State:
    missouri
    How do you fellows prefer ya chittlins? Stump beat or hand slung with a kernal of corn in every kink.:smile2:

13. olefin

olefin New Member

State:
    Texas
    We were watching his show the other night and he ate something weird.... it came right back up. He didn't try that again. Can't remember now what it was.
    People will do anything for money. :big_smile:

14. Pirate Jerry

Pirate Jerry New Member

State:
    Yulee Florida
    You ALL sound like a bunch of Frenchmen !!! Why eat guts and bugs when there is real food around ??? I'd even eat a Bass before that stuff !! :wink:

15. jtrew

jtrew New Member

State:
    Little Rock, AR
    Actually, bass roe is pretty good, fried...especially with scrambled eggs. Ate that a lot growing up. And grouper throats and cheeks are great, as they are from any good sized fish, including catfish. I've tried chitlings, but so far, don't care for them. Always willing to try them again if someone serves up a mess cooked to their granny's secret recipe, though. Now, tripe, grilled over hot coals tastes great. And like most Southern boys, I've had cracklin cornbread, and eaten the cracklins like popcorn. Palm hearts (swamp cabbage) makes some of the best tasting salad you ever put in your mouth. Most species of shark tastes great; hammerhead tends to have an ammonia taste. Stingray wings taste like scallops. Puffer fish, that blow themselves up like a balloon when you catch them, are poisonous if you don't clean them right, but they have two pieces of absolutely delicious meat on either side of the backbone.

16. CountryHart

CountryHart New Member

State:
    missouri
    That big steak on a flatheads noggin ain't bad vittles. Never been squeamish, i'll eat bout anything once.If it walks, crawls, swims or flys, i'll give it a whirl.

17. Mike81

Mike81 Well-Known Member

State:
    Alabama
    Me too, I'll try just about anything once if I don't think it's gonna kill me. I'm sure some of the things I wouldn't want to eat again, but I'd try them...kinda like a mcdonald's hamburger, they can keep that junk...:smile2:

18. Flatheadhunter33

Flatheadhunter33 New Member

State:
    Yuma, Arizona
    Chittlins stink like heck but they are gooood with some hot sauce!

I have been hearing more and more about folks going for the cheeks of different types of fish. I even heard that catfish cheeks are supposed to be one of the best parts to eat? Anyone have a take on this?

19. 223reload

223reload New Member

State:
    Oklahoma
    I'm adventurous ,But Ya gotta draw the line SOMEWHERE.:crazy:

20. catter62

catter62 New Member

State:
    texas
    I can't beat that menu. The closest I've come is BBQ racoon, fried rattlesnake and fried gator tail. Shhhhhh......don't tell PITA.