Biting or Not Biting...What's goin' on?

Discussion in 'LOCAL GEORGIA TALK' started by Fishmaster1203, Sep 4, 2008.

1. Fishmaster1203

Fishmaster1203 New Member

State:
    PA
    From what I'm hearing and what I've been experiencing myself here on West Point Lake, they just ain't biting. Anybody know what the deal is?

2. john catfish young

john catfish young New Member

State:
    Kentucky
    Well Paul from what I've been hearing and experiencing for myself.......Its a little slow all over the place right now. I haven't caught a good one in about 2 months. But now is not the time to throw in the towel. Its fixin to get going real soon. The temps are starting to drop a little and the water temps will follow. Right now here in Western Kentucky the water temps are hovering around 82 degrees. While some may argue about the perfect temps.....this is still a little too warm for my taste. As the water temps drop into the 70's and lower.....there will be big fish being caught all over the place real soon. Hang in there brother and good luck to ya......:big_smile:

3. jafacman

jafacman New Member

State:
    byron (macon area)georgia
    It aint you Paul , they fed-up heavy during the storms , we tried something different by hittin it during the worst of it and they were hittin good but have steadily slowed so just try something out of your norm and hold on to your poles:cool2:

4. rooster1

rooster1 New Member

State:
    ga banks county
    not biting on lanier as of sun night. i have a feeling the bite is gonna start soon . I hope it does. I think all the rain and temp drop has them stunned and full for a few weeks. i will let you know as soon as they bite for me

5. Fishmaster1203

State:
    PA
    The surface temp. has come up about five degrees on West Point and the fish are starting to bite just a little bit better. What about you guys that fish the other lakes and rivers? Are you seeing any improvement?

6. Fishmaster1203

State:
    PA
    We were catching hybrids and stripers this morning that were feeding on shad on the surface. It was really a frenzy. When it was over we started catching a bunch of nice channel cats up to five pounds in about 24 feet on live threadfin shad. I guess they moved in to clean up the leftovers.

7. Bruski

Bruski New Member

State:
    GA
    I fished Thur night at Sinclair and the bite was definitely slower than it has been the last few weeks for us. Although, I was experimenting with some different baits along with my normal cut gizzard shad - mullet gut (that stuff is dangerously disgusting!), cut bream. (Cut shad still rules for me)
    But, we caught the biggest cats I've caught in 2 or 3 months - one at 8 lbs and two at 4.5 lbs ea. The 8 was a blue and the 4.5s were some beautiful white cats - the biggest I have caught.:cool2:

8. LureheadEd

LureheadEd New Member

State:
    Geogia
    How deep were you fishing, Bruce ?

9. Fishmaster1203

State:
    PA
    Went upriver last night and the flatheads were finally biting again. Fished a 26 foot hole from 9 p.m. to midnight, had five runs on live gizzards and put three flats in the boat. They weighed 14.9, 13.10 and 8.2. Funny thing is, none of them came from the hole. Every run came on the bait that was fished just off the adjacent sand bar in about 8 feet of water.