Biting Like Crazy!

Discussion in 'Bluegill Fishing' started by skeetermagnet, Mar 21, 2007.

1. skeetermagnet

skeetermagnet New Member

State:
    Edmond, Oklahoma
    I took a day off yesterday and took the kids fishing. My sister lives in a condo behind a gate and they have a pond right in the middle of it. Since it is gated, it doesn't get fished very much. We used worms and just tore them up. We got bit on every cast. I used a little white rooster tail and they liked it, too.

We caught everything from the little tiny ones that you could hide in your hand all the way up to the bad boys with big shoulders and everything in between. If I had been in the mood to clean fish, we would have had a fish fry last night. I didn't really expect them to be biting so well this early. I guess the warm nights have made a big difference. It is definitely time here in Oklahoma! :smile2:

2. sw2324

sw2324 New Member

State:
    Texas
    It's definitely warm enough now. I took my nephew yesterday and couldnt keep count. He loves it. I am just hoping he will eventually want something bigger on the end of his line.

3. Pastor E

Pastor E New Member

State:
    Beebe AR
    Reps to you for takeing the Children:cool2:

4. Ahquabi_Master

Ahquabi_Master New Member

State:
    WDM Iowa
    Sounds like you and the kids had a blast. It's great to hear that it's time for ya'all in oklahoma. We're getting there in Iowa, but it'll be a few weeks before fish start going crazy.

5. skeetermagnet

skeetermagnet New Member

State:
    Edmond, Oklahoma
    My 5th grade daughter still isn't too hip on the idea of actually touching the fish, so she fishes with her fish-grabbing towel. :embarassed: Those poor fish usually are sunburned by the time she gets them off of the hook. She won't have anything to do with worms. I might out to try out corn or hotdog for her so she doesn't wear me out. My older son is just a little better. I think he would use the towel if he thought he could get away with it.
    Good times, though. Wouldn't trade them for anything.

6. Gram-aw

Gram-aw New Member

State:
    North Carolina
    I had a pontoon for many years when my children were toddlers. I had sold it to help out with some medical bills about 3 years ago. I recently bought another pontoon to get my oldest daughter, age 11, back out on the water while she still wants to go.

We took a day off last week and hit the lake with a basket of crickets and wore out the brim. She, as usual, was wearing me out baiting and removing fish. I would not trade those times for the world. I have 3 daughters, my oldest is somewhat of a tom boy and enjoys the outdoors. The other two, ages 6 and 9 months are little prisses. I am not so sure they are going to share my interest in fishing. I am sure they will not mind going for a boat ride though.

7. Mickey

Mickey New Member Supporting Member

State:
    Illinois
    Jamie nothing like a day on the water with the family. The smiles on the children are priceless. That memory will last them a lifetime. Sounds like you had a great day. Thanks for sharing it with us. I loved the towel/sunburn statement.:big_smile: :big_smile: