biting good on arkansas river this morning

Discussion in 'LOCAL ARKANSAS TALK' started by big pappa, Jun 18, 2009.

1. big pappa

big pappa New Member

State:
    perry, Ark
    we were fishing at dam 10 , and caught 21 head , had 4 over 10 and 1 a pinch over 20!! was running 52,000 cfs...

2. Swampfox.

Swampfox. New Member

State:
    Louisiana
    welcome brother, glad u joined us. u know i was hoping the bite was gonna pick up. planning to go out this weekend myself, i was betting the new moon bite would be better than the full.

3. Rohaus

Rohaus Well-Known Member

State:
    Vilonia Ar
    I think my buddy and I will the jugs tommorrow night to see how they are doing.

4. Little Mac

Little Mac Active Member

State:
    NW Arkansa
    Thanks for the report, Think its time to saddle up the boat and head out. :wink: Maybe I will get lucky and find some shad...Let ya know how i did tommorow ..:cool2:

5. big pappa

big pappa New Member

State:
    perry, Ark

got plenty of shad by the hydro, small and large

6. big pappa

big pappa New Member

State:
    perry, Ark

thanks for the welcome,,, i dont know how all this works but i will figure it out i guess,, there r pics of todays catch on my page,, good luck this weekend,,, i will b workin

7. big pappa

big pappa New Member

State:
    perry, Ark

good luck with the jugs, i have only done that twice, both times at the mouth of the petti-jean river and we got 7 one time and 16 the next time,, but that has been a long time ago!!

8. Little Mac

Little Mac Active Member

State:
    NW Arkansa
    BigPapa, I fish below lock 13, did not fair as well as you did but did manage a few 5lbrs. Not many "big Fish" up this way, least not that I have found anyways:smile2: was nice to put some slime in the boat anyways. Shad was no problem.:wink:

9. Rohaus

Rohaus Well-Known Member

State:
    Vilonia Ar
    Bye the way welcome to the BOC Bigpapa

10. big pappa

big pappa New Member

State:
    perry, Ark

i catch several good ones every year and i aint that good at it so there has to be a bunch!!!! i havent ever went up past dam 10 but i go to dam 2 alot, it is the best one on the river!! by far!!!

11. Pastor E

Pastor E New Member

State:
    Beebe AR
    Welcome To the BOC and thanks for the Report Big Popa :0a25:

12. catfishcraz

catfishcraz New Member

State:
    arkansas
    Thanks for the information and welcome to BOC.

13. Rohaus

Rohaus Well-Known Member

State:
    Vilonia Ar
    Well the jugs didn't fair too well but we caught 9 eating size channels on R&R, so not a bad night.

14. buckethead

buckethead New Member

State:
    arkansas
    Hey Big Popa

welcome to The BOC, you will have a great time here,

thanks for the info,

good luck

cliff

15. big pappa

big pappa New Member

State:
    perry, Ark
    sorry the jugs let u down a little, a buddy of mine is catching some big ones in grears ferry lake, on bream ,,, one over 50 pounds

16. Rohaus

Rohaus Well-Known Member

State:
    Vilonia Ar
    I guess thats why they call it fishing. I am usually targeting eating size fish with the jugs, I would rather hook the big one on a rod & reel, alot more fun that way.

17. big pappa

big pappa New Member

State:
    perry, Ark

yes there is nothing like setting the hook and then it goes the other way!!! thats why i quit bass fishing a long time ago!!!

18. Wiscars

Wiscars New Member

State:
    Arkansas
    Greers ferry has some real good cats but it is the absolute worst lake for losing jugs to common ripoffs.:confused2: Stay close to them and be aware of this ! We use flagging jugs and they are too much temptation I guess. Also pick them up before dawn or you will be ticketed by the vigilant wardens that patrol this lake. Multiple use area here does not include juggers!:angry:They like big ski boaters and the big revenue they generate. Avoid Choctaw, Heber and the Fairfield Bay areas in the summer months especially!:wink: Not as much trouble after labor day weekend. That is when we jug it anymore.FYI

19. ccat

ccat Well-Known Member

State:
    Fayetteville Ar
    I have jugged Greers in the past, and as of last week, am done catting on greers for a while. But, I have jugged and had a fair amount of success up in Shiloh creek. But I agree, too many skiers and curious people will cut the jugs or take them for souvenirs. I have had the idea of putting a nice sized water moc on the hook of a jug for a thief that might want a jug really bad. Problem is.......well, you can figure that one out..............I aint touching no stinking water moc, much less try to put a hook in its mouth.

20. Little Mac

Little Mac Active Member

State:
    NW Arkansa
    Jennie and I went out last night fishin the arkansas river, managed a couple small ones and one hungry gar. Like to have got run over by a barge, Not used to seeing many barges in the area that I fish, usually small ones, this one was a very long barge, wasn't using any spot light as they usually did, I guess he was running GPS. Got the blood pumpin anyways reelin poles, pullin anchor and haulin butt. :eek:oooh: Thats what I get for not payin attention. Its not like the Mississippi where there is a barge every 10 minutes::wink: Got settled again, and some teens where across the river set off a stick of dynamit, Like to have lost it, thought I was back in the sand again:angry: Jennie said " you can get up now!!) :smile2:So, no real fish, not very relaxing, so we just came home .:roll_eyes: