Bitin at Delaware Bay

Discussion in 'LOCAL ARKANSAS TALK' started by fishallatime, Nov 23, 2005.

1. fishallatime

fishallatime New Member

State:
    Fort Smith, AR
    Typical of this time of year the catfish (as well as crappie, white bass, etc.) were plentiful at the 22 Hwy bridge at Delaware Bay this last Saturday. The crappie and white bass were caught on minnows. The limit of catfish on the stringer was caught with Danny King's punch bait. Catfish were biting like they had a death wish. Attached is a picture of the stringer.

http://www.catfish1.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=2220&stc=1

Attached Files:

2. TOPS

TOPS New Member

State:
    Cabot,Arkansas
    Mark, nice catch! still do not know where you are fishing! :D

3. BIG GEORGE

BIG GEORGE New Member

State:
    JOISY
    Not fair Mark. LOL! I seen Delaware Bay and thought ya was talkin about my neck of the woods. LOL! Nice stringer.

4. fishallatime

fishallatime New Member

State:
    Fort Smith, AR
    Verlon,

If you are traveling down Hwy 22 West from Dardanelle towards Paris, the bridge would be the last one that crosses the lake right as you approach the town of Delaware. There is an old convenience store and gas pumps after you cross the bridge. You turn there and take the road about 2 miles down to the park and launch ramp. If you are traveling East toward Dardanelle it would be the first bridge you cross right after you go through the town of Delaware. On the lake, the bay is directly across the river from the nuclear outlet.

5. Big Sam

Big Sam Well-Known Member

State:
    Booneville AR
    Name:
    Sam
    :) Good catch.....nice to hear from a local member......I too use Punch bait...
    we went on Thanksgiving day early down at scranton in the sticks.....bagged 31 cats in 2 hours....then came home and eat thanksgiving dinner!

6. TOPS

TOPS New Member

State:
    Cabot,Arkansas
    Mark, It would be faster for me to to put in at the outlet ramp and motor across the river to the bridge. what do you think? I live two miles from the outlet ramp.

7. fishallatime

fishallatime New Member

State:
    Fort Smith, AR
    Verlon,

That would work. When you get to the mouth of the outlet looking across the river, you are looking straight into the bay. When you go across the river, look for a small sign and arrow that direct you into the bay. If you try to run up in it in the wrong place, you'll run aground.

Once you get into the bay you should be able to see hwy 22 with cars going across the bridge.

If this sounds a little uncomfortable, you might want to launch the first time in the bay to get a look at it before coming across into it.

Mark