Bite still on @ Red Rock

Discussion in 'IOWA LAKES / RESERVOIRS TALK' started by catsrking, Nov 5, 2007.

1. catsrking

catsrking New Member

State:
    Iowa
    Got there yesterday @ sunrise and what I thought might be a tough day (like last weekend), turned out to be a reel good one. Found shad to be plentiful with the throw net and even with the lake level where it is came up with 12 nice channels. Beautiful day to be out. Back home in time to clean them up and be ready for football. Don't get much better than that...:big_smile:

2. mikeskywalker

mikeskywalker New Member

State:
    IOWA
    No Tom i didn't want to go !!!!!!!!!!!!!

3. catsrking

catsrking New Member

State:
    Iowa
    Well you better get out there before the real cold gets here. Be sure to take your cast net along to get the bait. The dozen we kept averaged approx. 3 1/2 - 4 lbs. Put several back that were bigger. We were out for less than 4 hours. You might want to lighten up on your line test, as that seemed to make a difference. I went with 10lb. Cajun Red - excellent stuff! Will most likely be going out again later this week. Give me a shout if you wanna meet up out there.

4. Burwell40

Burwell40 New Member

State:
    Iowa
    I wish I lived closer to Red Rock. I love that reservoir. It's great for drifting and it's not near as crowded as Coralville.

5. catsrking

catsrking New Member

State:
    Iowa
    Had to go down to Red Rock last weekend to see if the cats were still gettin' their shad feedbag on. Got there right before sunup and I don't mind telling ya it was chilly/windy. Again the shad were thick, but after an 1 1/2 hours of no bites at all we packed up and left. We did take some shad to freeze for ice-out cat bait next spring.

6. 1sporticus

1sporticus Active Member

State:
    Iowa
    Glad to hear the shad are running. I'm going to try Pool 19 on the Mississippi river tomorrow. Later Andy