Bite picking up in SE Ohio

Discussion in 'LOCAL OHIO TALK' started by lebeaux, Sep 9, 2007.

1. lebeaux

lebeaux New Member

State:
    ohio
    Last two trips have been good. 17, 30, 15, & 31 & 37 ( my dad beat his pb flat twice last night with the last two ! ) Looks like the tourists & pleasure boaters have migrated back home for the yr:smile2: Time for some good, fall fishin':smile2::smile2:

2. x smokin joe

x smokin joe Well-Known Member

State:
    Monclova,
    Name:
    Joe
    Sounds like some great fishing, congrats.

3. chris45601

chris45601 New Member

State:
    ohio
    congrats, on those are great fish, Atleast some ones catching in ohio

4. CBH

CBH New Member

State:
    WV
    I'd say that the bite is on! In the last week and a half, we have put 28 cats in my boat! Several of them have been in the low to mid 20 lb range and 4 have been over 30 pounds. It's been a blast. It seems like someone has "thrown a switch" to turn these fish on! I expect this cooler weather and rain showers will only make things better!

5. lebeaux

lebeaux New Member

State:
    ohio
    H2O was about 81 degrees where I been fishing. Warm, yes, but a lot cooler than it was 4 or 5 weeks ago. I gotta agree with Chris. Bite's on and should only get better. My girlfriend may be recomending therapy for me in the next couple months d/t a fishing obsession:wink:...then we'll know the bite's on for sure:smile2:

6. CBH

CBH New Member

State:
    WV
    Well...the bite was not on last night! I went to one of my hot spots and caught 3 small flatheads in the first hour (28", 25" to 20"), then stayed another 2 1/2 and a half hours with no success! Those three fish hit right before dark, which was also moon set.