BITE IS ON AT THE KAW

Discussion in 'KANSAS RIVERS TALK' started by flat fighter, Aug 27, 2008.

1. flat fighter

flat fighter New Member

State:
    kansas
    went and fished the kaw last night caught a whole mess of channels and a couple flatheads. The largest flat was 18lbs and was caught by my buddy on goldfish. The channels ranged from 1 to 4 lbs. Here is a picture of the flat. They were biting hard all night I think it is starting to pick up again:big_smile:

Attached Files:

2. prostreetS10

prostreetS10 New Member

State:
    ohio
    Nice fish congrats.

3. crankbait77

crankbait77 New Member

State:
    North Carolina
    Nice looking flat, congratulations!

4. warcraft1975

warcraft1975 New Member

the back ground in that pic must be from up in the k.c neck of the woods. i havent gone and hit my neck of the river for awhile i should check it out and see whats up

5. shelbygt1979

shelbygt1979 New Member

State:
    Olathe, KS
    Congrats On The Nice Flat:big_smile: Trevor, Thanks For Postin The Pics And The Story.

6. kat king

kat king New Member

State:
    hutchinson,ks
    congrats on a good night of fishing glad to hear the bite is back on i will be out saturday night hope to hit some flatties..

7. delbert bumbleshoot

delbert bumbleshoot New Member

State:
    Overland Park,Kansas
    were you fishing by the weir dam? what bait? Nice to see somebody can catch 'em on the Kaw.I can't catch anything but softshell turtles.:crazy:

8. flat fighter

flat fighter New Member

State:
    kansas
    Ya we were at the dam fishing with goldfish,skipjack,shad,premo The flats were taking the goldish and shad. they have dug a big hole on the north end of the dam on the upriver side and the shad were in there pretty thick. The channels were taking cut shad and premo. I will probaly head back down there tonight. there were alot of people fishing the downriver side but not catching much at all. we choose to try the top and slaughtered them. the construction on the dam has changed the flow so much that the down river side is about 1 1\2 deep unless your on the far south end of the dam

9. delbert bumbleshoot

State:
    Overland Park,Kansas
    Where is the Edwardsville ramp exactly? Were you guys fishing from a boat or bank? I don't have 4wd anymore is the ramp concrete? I hear it's real shallow around there. Do you have to watch out for undercurrent around the dam? Sorry I'm full of stupid questions guys.

10. flat fighter

flat fighter New Member

State:
    kansas
    it is west of the 435 dam on woodend rd. we were fishing from the bank. the ramp is brand new and in real good shape we had our boat out there sunday. from the ramp to the dam the shallowest spot we found was 3 ft youll want to stay away from the north side of the dam where the intake is you could get in trouble over there pretty quick. The current is pretty slow exept close to the dam. If you go up river it will get extremely shallow real quick i know more than one person that has got stuck up there and had to do some pushin

11. center12

center12 New Member

State:
    KS
    Sadly, I've had to get out and push upstream from the ramp:sad2:. Nice ramp though, some good water once you get past the BIG sandbar on the left. Dredge hole down from the Bonner bridge.

12. delbert bumbleshoot

State:
    Overland Park,Kansas
    How are the channel cats at Clinton? Been catching lots of 4-8 pounders down at Pleasonton. Bout time for you to start crappie fishing again ain't it? Let us know if you have any luck perch-jerkin.:big_smile: Thanks for the info Charlie and Trevor.

13. flat fighter

flat fighter New Member

State:
    kansas
    I was fishing at the dam right in the heart of the construction mess

14. flat fighter

flat fighter New Member

State:
    kansas
    no problem if you need some shad throw right in the corner they dug a hole there that is about 20' and the shad are loving it for some reason. make sure and wait till after 5 pm or you will have to dodge heavy equip

15. KansasKatCatcher

KansasKatCatcher Active Member

State:
    Kansas City, Ka
    i will be ther 2night. thanks for the info

16. catfish9

catfish9 New Member

State:
    kansas
    What up trev-tell eddie every once in a while a crappie fisherman can get a real fish ha ha ha ha good fish ed get emmmmmm