Bite is off so time to build!!!

Discussion in 'LOCAL SOUTH CAROLINA TALK' started by SCcatfishing, Jan 1, 2010.

1. SCcatfishing

SCcatfishing New Member

State:
    SC
    Well since the weather and the bite isn't in favor of each other... I started the work to the house... First thing is to build a 6ft dog ear fence all the way around... I hired some help to dig and mark off, got all that was needed to mark off then I here awww crap..... Dude hit the time warner cable main line.... So I spent 2 hours with time warner tech running a new primary line and jus got back inside and warm!!! I will keep yall posted on all the fun...

Skiff1 I should be ready for you to help with footers in about 2 weeks... By then I may need lime to keep the create from freezing lol...:wink:

2. DANZIG

DANZIG New Member

State:
    West Virginia
    Call before you dig!! :wink::smile2:

3. SCcatfishing

SCcatfishing New Member

State:
    SC
    Yeah we have pupps that will come out and locate red=power yellow=phone and orange= cable..... They came out three times to mark cause the fellas was havin a hard time getting tones..... Also the cable was only 12 inches deep....

4. MRR

MRR New Member

State:
    Louisiana,Mo.
    Good thing it wasn't cyber optic line.That would of been really costly .least wise around here it is..Best of luck on your up and coming project.

5. Jollymon

Jollymon Well-Known Member

State:
    Wilm .N.C
    Heck if the phone cable an or cable tv cable was 12 in. deep thats why they had problem locating ,around here if it 3-4 in deep they plowed that one in deep :wink::smile2:

6. SCcatfishing

SCcatfishing New Member

State:
    SC
    Well we got a late start at 11:30am today.... We did get half the post set then went for some catfish stew at the bait shop.... I dropped a 20 lber 2 weeks ago for the usc game stew...:wink:

7. krowbar

krowbar New Member

State:
    South Caro
    Catfish stew? Now your talking. The hell with work.

8. billfish76

billfish76 Active Member

State:
    Rock Hill, SC
    A buddy of mine up in MD was cutting in his driveway on a new piece of land and Phone and cable ran across where it was going. He called to have them temporally moved so his "new" neighbors wouldnt start off hating him. They told him to cut them and they would be out faster to fix them than to move them. So he did. The people that marked the lines were also off a big amount on the gas line and that was hit. He got away clean due to how far off they were with their markings. Something like 6' off. So even if they mark them you never really know where it is.

9. SCcatfishing

SCcatfishing New Member

State:
    SC
    Yeah there markings isn't dead on like they claim!!!! I would have flipped if we hit a gas line... I do think your friend would just have a little worse luck than I do with diggin...:wink:

The cable guy said there was 50+ people without cable and he said people was pissed cause the football games was on... So one day when we all go to dish and lose the cable there will be one less wire in the ground for us to deal with...

10. SCcatfishing

SCcatfishing New Member

State:
    SC
    Ok we are moving a little slower than wanted... We have 1 complete side of the fence up and almost all the post set...The hold up was trees. Today I used the bucket truck to cut down a 60ft sweet gum tree, so this was another set back... In the am we will start hanging more fence...