Bite Indicater

Discussion in 'Misc Fishing Tackle Talk' started by Wallbass, Jun 16, 2008.

1. Wallbass

Wallbass New Member

State:
    Indiana
    Do anyone use a Bite Indicater?? Wally world has one that has an Red led light. I think it operates like a Mercury switch. :big_smile:

2. riverdawg-1

riverdawg-1 New Member

State:
    salem, va
    I haven't used them, but I was fishing on the bank a few weeks ago and a guy down from me was using one. His aslo had a beeper that seemed to go off every time the current or wind moved his line. He never caught a fish but the alarm went off a feww hundred times.

3. tkeyhunter

tkeyhunter New Member

State:
    Illinois
    Hubby has reels that you put the "clicker" on & it sounds like jaws when the fish get a hold of your line. A click........ click click click......... and then whrrrrrrrrrrr
    lots of clicks sweetest sound in the world!

4. ratkinson

ratkinson New Member

State:
    NY
    I haven't used them............from time to time I use little bells. I make my own cause the ones in the store are cheap and break quite easily. I have looked at them a bunch of times. Great post, maybe after the reviews are in I'll make a descision to buy or not.

Richard

5. catman4926

catman4926 New Member

State:
    Texas
    I think bells are the best because the wind nor the current bothers them only Mr. Wiskers make them dingle dangle

6. Wallbass

Wallbass New Member

State:
    Indiana
    Well I bought one to try. have played with it and the light is really bright at night. it don't seem to be overly sensative(wind) on a lake it should work good. Keep you posted!

7. Skammer

Skammer New Member

State:
    Pa.
    I use Strike Sensors that attach to my rod holders. The line goes through a trip arm & the tension can be adjusted for light or strong tension. I fish rivers mostly & have fished in some strong current & never had them trip from the current or the wind. When a fish strikes the line frees it self from the arm & activates a beeper that I wear & will detect a bite up to 6oo ft away. I am able to leave the bail open on my spinning gear & the line will play out freely. Also there is an LED bulb on the Strike Sensor that lights up when the arm is tripped & I can tell which rod was hit.

Attached Files:

8. NEW CAT

NEW CAT New Member

State:
    illinois
    I have bite indicaters and have no problems. They have an adjustment on them for wind and or current. They are just another tool to work with just like bells or strikemaster indicators ect.I find that the nice thing about them is they light up and each one has a little different tone to them.Also they are great for waking you up no matter how tired you are or how late it is if by chance you fall asleep.Very very loud but can also be turned down or up in volume.I only use them for bank fishing.You do not have to buy the best one out there, infact the cheaper ones are better for the money.If you watch your poles and dont use the volume other people wont come over to see what you caught, because no one will hear anything.

9. jtrew

jtrew New Member

State:
    Little Rock, AR
    Someone posted this idea some time back; can't remember who (sorry). Find a used baby monitor at a yard sale or flea market; the kind where one unit sets by the crib and you carry the other to whatever room of the house you're in. Doesn't matter whether you use a commercial bite indicator, bells, or simply the clicker...you should be able to hear it on the monitor. Disclaimer: I haven't tried this myself, so I can't comment on how well it actually works, but it certainly sounds good.

10. germanmudfish

germanmudfish New Member

State:
    Gray, GA
    and a small chem light on the tip at night, that way I know it is whiskers or those dang ole gar and not the wind or bait. :wink:

11. rfriend

rfriend New Member

State:
    indiana
    It was ok. The battery's didn't last that long. And it only fit one of three poles i use. Not worth 8 bucks!!!

12. smitty1963

smitty1963 New Member

State:
    Virginia
    I guess Im old fashioned but the only bite indicator I use is the good ole tinker bells