bite alarms

Discussion in 'LOCAL OHIO TALK' started by hunted, May 25, 2008.

1. hunted

hunted New Member

State:
    washington court house,oh
    what is some methods you guys,and gals,have used in the past when you were kind of distant from your poles or had the clicker off if the fish were biting easy.

back in the old pay lake days,my dad took a fire alarm and hooked a set of points to it,you and everyone else on the lake knew you had one going.he still has it laying around the house somewhere.

2. rob128146

rob128146 New Member

State:
    Rockwell, North Carolina
    I USED TO USE SOME THINGS BUT DONT ANYMORE. I HAVE USED BELLS MORE THAN ANYTHING BUT I DID RECENTLY INVEST IN A ELECTRONIC DEVISE AT BASS PROSHOPS. IT HOOKS ON YOUR ROD AND TAKES TWO WATCH BATTERIES. IT HAS AN ALARM ON IT AND ALSO A RED LED LIGHT THAT GOES OFF WHEN YOU GETA HIT OR A RUN. I LIKE IT BUT, THE ONLY THING I DONT LIKE ABOUT IT IS YOU HAVE TO STOP FIGHTING THE FISH AND TURN IT OF OR THE ALARM KEEPS SIGNING, WHILE YOUR FIGHTING. GET REAL IRRITATING.:crazy: YOU CANT TURN ONE OR THE OTHER OFF IT HAS TO BE BOTH OR NONE.

3. neocats

neocats New Member

State:
    Steubenvil
    I use 8" glowsticks on the ends of my rods. I can see the from quite far away. The fact that I also use circle hooks means that I don't have to be right there to set the hook.

4. ho_shi

ho_shi New Member

State:
    Texas
    bad thing bout bells is you have to take them off b4 settin the hook otherwise by by bell!!!

5. Vukhufu

Vukhufu New Member

State:
    Ohio
    When I first got into fishing I used a bite alarm. It worked really well but I no longer use it. It was the sound of my rod and reel splashing into the river and heading upstream LOL!

6. hunted

hunted New Member

State:
    washington court house,oh
    lmao,well,thats one alarm i wouldn't use again