Bite alarms?

Discussion in 'Misc Fishing Tackle Talk' started by maumeeflats, Sep 23, 2006.

1. maumeeflats

maumeeflats New Member

State:
    ohio
    just wondered if anyone uses bite alarms ?

2. tomcat85

tomcat85 New Member

State:
    uh
    ive tried them. im not to keen on them i dont use a rod holder so i set my rod on my tackle box and when it flies off i know i have one lol. but thats just me.

3. tomcat85

tomcat85 New Member

State:
    uh
    by the way welcome to the BOC! you will love it here!

4. coltsfan

coltsfan New Member

State:
    ohio
    check out the library there are a bunch of homemade jobbies in there.i personally dont use any.but there are some good ideas in there

5. teaysvalleyguy

teaysvalleyguy New Member

State:
    GC, OHIO
    I just got me some Abu's so I will use their clickers from now on. Love a reel with the alarm built in for ya. LMAO

6. fishinpals

fishinpals New Member

State:
    Virginia, Illinois
    American Carp Association donated one to us to give away last year. Of course we had to set it up to try it out and it seemed to work just fine. Have to leave a little slack and anytime time line moves in or out the slighest it went of. Wind would probably cause it to scream at you to but on a still day or a day with little wind it would surley let you know if anything at all was messing with your bait. The one we had had all the bells and whistles with lights.

7. jailcop2

jailcop2 New Member

State:
    iowa
    I like my bells , I have tried alarms , but always go back to the tinkle .

8. buddah

buddah New Member

State:
    Pennsylvania Wi
    My wife and I use those ili jobbies that go on the end of your fishing pole that have those lil' light sticks and the bells. I quit using them cause I'm afraid they are gonna ruin the finish on my St.Croix's/G.loomis's but like them on mu Ugly sticks!

9. jailcop2

jailcop2 New Member

State:
    iowa
    Welcome , by the way , forgot my manners .

10. superman

superman New Member

State:
    DeSoto MO
    i will not buy a new reel with out one

11. maumeeflats

maumeeflats New Member

State:
    ohio
    just wondering if anyone else uses them, i have some carp alarms i use with my baitrunners because the clickers aren't that load

12. Love Them Cats

Love Them Cats New Member

State:
    Vinita, Oklahoma
    I have two of them, my daughter and her boyfriend.
    They watch my lines more then they do theirs and any time my lines move, they yell at me.

They work pretty good so far?

Ken

13. joeczar

joeczar New Member

State:
    Parma, Ohio
    I take a beer or pop can put a few stones in it. I then pull my line over the tab of the can. When a fish runs with it it pulls the can over the noise the rocks in the can makes will wake you up if you sleeping

14. trnsmsn

trnsmsn New Member

State:
    Missouri Originally Now I
    To start off, WELCOME to the B.O.C., as others have mentioned I like the bait clicker/runner feature on my reels. Since some of my reels don't have them, I came up with another plan.

It works with the bell alarm principle but not attached to the end of your rod (can't stand all the noise). I use outrigger line release clips attached to a bell, which are attched to the boat with my line going thru it, that way when I get a strike (hopefully):roll_eyes: , the line pulls the clip, ringing the bell once & I can then use the rod W/O hearing all the constant jingling.

15. ibohunter

ibohunter New Member

State:
    southeast, pa
    I use a pair of fox electric alarms and that screw on the top of my banksticks, they are great and let you know when you get a hit, and at nite they have a lite so you know which rod is active

16. CoonX

CoonX Member

State:
    Oklahoma City O
    Jim, which Fox alarms? I'm thinking about upgrading mine to the Micron MX Camo. I have the entry level alarms from X2, but ain't too comfortable about using them in wet weather.
    Will