Bit of fishing Saturday afternoon

Discussion in 'SOUTH CAROLINA RIVERS TALK' started by JAinSC, Mar 16, 2009.

1. JAinSC

JAinSC Active Member

State:
    South Carolina
    My wife was out of town for the weekend, so when i dropped son Ben off at a friend's house for the afternoon I decided to hit the river for a few hours.

It was pretty slow, but I managed to pick up one small blue (about 3 pounds) and then got this nice channel (weighed at 13.5 pounds) on my last stop. We've all seen channels with fat stomachs, but this fish was thick all over. This was probably the fattest, healthiest looking channel I've even seen. I didn't measure the length, but I bet most fish her length would have been closer to 8 pounds. She bled a little from the hook wound, but swam off good and strong.

I had a couple more hits there, but missed them. Not a bad few hours on the water. Beats sitting at home or doing yard work!

Attached Files:

2. blackwaterkatz

blackwaterkatz Active Member

State:
    Andrews, SC
    It's good to see you out on the water and giving reports again, John. We'll be looking for the flattie reports before much longer. :smile2:

3. Robbie Norton

Robbie Norton New Member

State:
    Florence S.C
    John at lease you are out fishing and catching something,, better than fishing on the enter net,, thats about all i can do right now.:smile2::cool2::wink::cool2:

4. JenJen

JenJen New Member

State:
    South Carolina
    Thanks, John, for the report and especially the pic.

Gotta say, that pic threw me for a fraction of a second. With that body, fat all the way down, and the angle that the cat's whisker is cutting across his head in that photo, he lookes like a salmon there for a bit. Must be going cross-eyed from too much time in front of the computer monitor.:tounge_out:

5. stumpjumper

stumpjumper New Member

State:
    Dallas, GA
    John, that's a real healthy lookin' Channel. Thanks for sharing the picture.