Catfish Angler Forum at USCA banner
1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
9,813 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
keep in mind. this is a wildlife researcher. lol. ive caught and cleaned dozens of these. NEVER bit. grabbing the head isnt wise. i wrestled these hogged em from the mud ect. never had to grab a head.

·
Registered
10,362 Posts
I guess when ya are gonna get up close and personal with various animals its gonna get ya sooner or later. Like the fella that was killed by the bear this week.

·
Registered
638 Posts
Dear Brother's;
That is a PERFECT example why in some parts of the CONUS they are called "SNAPPERS, or SNAPPING TURTLE". Although, I must admit, I have never, in all of my 50+ years, seen one of them be that merciful to a human once they have part of you in their mouths!!
I guess that "Game Official" tasted BAD or something!!:smile2:
That's my two cents worth about that stupid official. And they call those folks "educated". Riiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiight! NOT!!:wink::smile2:
Fraternally,
Coyote1
[[[[[End of Post]]]]]

·
Registered
397 Posts
Looks to me like he what he was doing just didnt respect the animal enough. I would never get my hand within a couple of feet of that mouth. If you have seen the crushing power they posess seems a lil bit cavalier!

·
Registered
2,460 Posts
yeah, that wasn't too bright of him that's for sure, those are some nasty criters to be grabbing by the head!

1 - 20 of 36 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.