Bisping Vs. Leben:

Discussion in 'UFC, Boxing, Wrestling, etc.' started by kat in the hat, Oct 12, 2008.

Who wins?

1. Leben.

2. Bisping.

3. I don't care. They both suck.

Multiple votes are allowed.
Results are only viewable after voting.
  1. kat in the hat

kat in the hat New Member

State:
    Missouri
    So, who wins next weekend? Michael Bisping, or Chris Leben. Both will show up to bang, that is for sure. Leben is nearly indestructible, and Bisping is a relentless powerhouse. I think it's a good match up. Some folks like neither of them. I like them both because they do what they are there to do, and that is to hurt somebody. It's a tough call for me, but I believe that Bisping will be the victor. I think he might be more intellegent about the fight.

2. Moonlightn

Moonlightn New Member

State:
    California
    That's a tuff call! I like them both as well... But I think if it goes to the ground Bisping will most likely get the win. Leben is a tuff cat for sure and if Bisping underestimates him it will be to Leben's advantage. I think Leben has the toughest chin of the two and he has the better chance at winning if they stay on their feet. Bisping will be the crowd favorite but Leben is use to being the underdog. So that shouldn't effect him any.
    I don't recall ever watching a Leben fight that was slow! This one will be no different...

3. Manny

Manny New Member

State:
    Arnold, Mo
    I would like to see leban win , just because i think Bisping has had it to easy and getting wins on fights he should of lost. But i do believe he will win just because hes more technical then Leban.

4. bulethed

bulethed New Member

State:
    oklahoma
    by the way, the bisping- hammil fight was the worst decision i have ever seen in MMA.........almost makes me stop watching any sport with a judge. hammil stomped a mud hole in him the first 2 rounds, and the 3rd could have been a tie.

i hope liben can land a k.o. punch, that way the judges are out of the loop.

bill.

5. zeboman

zeboman New Member

State:
    Pennsylvan
    I think Bisping will take him out with better stand up and kicks. It`s hard for me to take leben serious after the "spider" destroyed him , but then who didn`t Anderson Silva destroy.

6. kat in the hat

State:
    Missouri
    I heard a nasty rumor that Silva is gonna retire! He says he has nothing else to prove. He is the best...end of story.

7. Flatheadhunter33

Flatheadhunter33 New Member

State:
    Yuma, Arizona
    Leben can take a punch, kick or whatever and keep coming. I dont like Bisping at all. Never did, not even on the season he won. If he wants to win though, he'll need to take Leben down and submit him. IM going with Leben by knockout:crazy::wink:.

8. zeboman

zeboman New Member

State:
    Pennsylvan
    I don`t care for either fighter but Leben cries too much (seriously) , there is just no place for that in fighting IMO. As far as comparing the striking of the two I feel Bisping is sharper , it should turn out to be a good fight though.

9. cook

cook New Member

State:
    Plattsburg,Mo.(near K.C.)
    Didn't relize it was live-got it on now....I'll give my prediction and in depth replay in about 2 hours :)

10. Mike81

Mike81 Well-Known Member

State:
    Alabama
    Leban had tons of heart and I hope it's a great fight. Bisping is in front of his home crowd..again????, and he's in great shape. I don't know who wll win, but if you force me to pick one I'll say Bisping by knockout.....

11. cook

cook New Member

State:
    Plattsburg,Mo.(near K.C.)
    Dang,my DVR ended right at the end of the fight-missed the decision.
    Pretty clear that Bisping won-Leben might have taken the second,lots more leg kick by him in that round.Third round I believe Leben had the only takedown of the fight
    this is my guess
    30-27
    29-28
    30-27
    unaniamous dec for Bisping.

12. zeboman

zeboman New Member

State:
    Pennsylvan
    Bisping`s strategy was to land punches and move in this fight and it worked for him but the fight was boring. I thought these two fighters would have slugged it out more. What`s with guys like bisping and kimbo always fighting in front of their home crowd ??? A fighter should be prepared to compete anywhere.

13. Larry Beever

Larry Beever New Member

State:
    Indianapolis Indiana
    Leben lost. That's all that mattered to me.
    I never liked him. Hope they send him down the road.

14. kat in the hat

State:
    Missouri
    I was disappointed. Bisping won, but my opinion of him declined. Does he realize that his strategy is what made people dislike Tim Sylvia? I mean, there is cautious respect, then there's just a boring refusal to commit to engaging an opponent. His spiel after the fight was ridiculous. Why would you admit that it was your strategy to win by decision? I kinda understand when it's a fighter like Forrest going against Rampage, but this was a good match up. They shoulda stood toe to toe, and banged it out like men. There was a couple of times when Leben went after Bisping, but let up too soon imo. I think he should got after him, and stayed after him. It might have paid off. Leben looked good physically, and was the aggressor most of the time. I don't think he won, but at least he did what he does.

15. kat in the hat

State:
    Missouri
    That won't happen. Leben fights. He has heart, and entertains. That's what Dana likes. Leben appeared far more physically fit than before. I think his best fights are yet to come.

16. Larry Beever

Larry Beever New Member

State:
    Indianapolis Indiana
    Yeah,I agree. I just never liked him from the start when he was in the first Ultimate Fighter
    program and he was such a crybaby. It just annoyed me. But, I know he can fight and will
    probably be back.

17. kat in the hat

State:
    Missouri
    I don't like him jerking tears either lmao. Last night, I kept waiting for him to start crying :smile2:.

18. Flatheadhunter33

Flatheadhunter33 New Member

State:
    Yuma, Arizona
    Leben GOT ROBBED last night! First round could have went either way but second and third were clearly in Leben's favor! The way he was walking through Bisping's punches had Bisping backing away...what a load:angry:!