Birthday...

Discussion in 'General Conversation' started by JimmyJonny, Nov 26, 2007.

1. JimmyJonny

JimmyJonny Well-Known Member

State:
    sc
    I wasn't sure where to post this but I just wanted to share with my "extended family" that today is my birthday. I've been roaming this earth now for 40yrs (sounds kinda Biblical if you ask me ; ) and I've been very blessed along the way.

At first I wasn't going to post this because I felt funny announcing my own b-day but soon realized that I talk to you folks more than I talk to my own family ........ not saying anything would be silly. So basically I wanted to share my day with you guys, I wouldn't want it any other way : )

Today its raining so I'm just gonna sit around and ask my wife to get me things all day....hey it's my day, LOL. I tried really hard to break my pb ( #20 blue ) before I hit the big 40 but it just didn't work out that way. But hey that's cool I've got a clean slate now and 364 more days to give er hell.

I did get a cast net and a lot of hooks, sinkers, swivels...the works. I even got a super dooper spot light for fishing/camping. So now I'm gonna be snelling my brains out today, like B-George does, snell, tag and bag ; )

I haven't been here long but it sure feels like it, and that's a good thing. Thank you all for always sharing your ideas , stories, and pics, and most of all for putting up with me ; )

-JimmJonny-

2. tomflatcat

tomflatcat New Member

State:
    Hampstead, NC
    Happy birthday. I'll also be breaking the big 40 in a few months.

3. ryang

ryang Well-Known Member

State:
    Blacklick, Ohio
    Name:
    Gary
    Happy Birthday Jim hope its a good one.

4. catfish kenny

catfish kenny New Member

State:
    Iowa
    BIG 4-0ehhhhh...HAPPY BIRTHDAY:confuse:,to think next oct I am gonna be

5. bwhupp

bwhupp New Member

State:
    Belleville
    Happy birthday bro!

And yes.. snelling hooks... I have a bunch that need done up too. Want to do mine? They are a real pain in the butt to snell.... size 8 aberdeen thin wire. Talk about small! haha

6. Flatheadhunter33

Flatheadhunter33 New Member

State:
    Yuma, Arizona
    Happy birthday to ya Jim. I hope that you have many, many more with many fun outtings in your quest for that new P.B.

7. Ol Man

Ol Man New Member

State:
    Illinois
    40? why....... yer just a kid. Happy Birthday anyway:smile2:

8. GoFish_Tony

GoFish_Tony New Member

State:
    Big Rock, IL
    Happy Birthday Jim!

You'll soon stop thinking of 40 as old...
    Now 50... That's Old!

Have a great day!

_

9. kat in the hat

kat in the hat New Member

State:
    Missouri
    LOL! Never figured YOU were over the hill! I won't make fun though, because I will be too before I know it.:angry: Have a happy birthday, and get back to snelling those hooks.:big_smile:

10. poisonpits

poisonpits Well-Known Member Supporting Member

State:
    arkansas
    Name:
    johnnie
    40 was a wonderfull year just wish i could bring it back.lol.happy b day and hope you get that p/b for a present.dont get to cold get out and go fishing.

11. BIG GEORGE

BIG GEORGE New Member

State:
    JOISY
    Snell away! LOL! And may you have many many more. Happy Birthday!

12. bootshowl

bootshowl New Member

State:
    Indiana, J
    40! I can't remember back that far.....Ol timers desease. Happy B-day.

13. ozzy

ozzy New Member

State:
    Lost Wages
    Happy Birthday. 40 aint so bad. :009::0010::009:

Attached Files:

14. postbeetle

postbeetle New Member

State:
    Iowa
    Happy Birthday. Glad to see you celebrate them. At least you remember when yours is. That is "a good thing" as Martha Stewart would say.

Can't let this pass on your birthday Jim. Did you happen to notice the well wishes from "OL MAN". I am at a loss for words. I always imagined him as the droll elf, and there he is as the honcho himself. It is nice to know the Holiday Spirit still persists in the hearts of some men. Amen.

John.

15. Angelkitty

Angelkitty New Member

State:
    Sheridan, Ar
  16. punkin570

punkin570 New Member

State:
    MS
    OMG you are sooooo old. J/K. Happy Birthday Jim, I hope you enjoy your special day.

17. Cheryl

Cheryl Well-Known Member

State:
    TN
    Happy birthday, Jim. Hope all your wishes come true. :big_smile:

18. fshnutz

fshnutz New Member

State:
    Sacramento California
    Happy B day man. I'm 25 and 40 sounds a long way off, but I know it will happen in a flash. Hope I'm still fishing then!
    LInz:wink:

19. TOPS

TOPS New Member

State:
    Cabot,Arkansas
    Happy Birthday old buddy, Have many more!

20. JimmyJonny

JimmyJonny Well-Known Member

State:
    sc
    I just wanted to stop in and personally thank everyone for the kind birthday wishes.

I had a great day of nothing but snelling hooks and listening to the rain come down... I've been praying for the rain and I got it for my birthday, ( thank you Lord ).
    Heck I was even out there in the cold rain practicing my net in the yard. Anyway, again, thanks for the great replies ; )

-Jim-