Birth of a Hummingbird

Discussion in 'General Conversation' started by ldw45, May 15, 2008.

1. ldw45

ldw45 Member

State:
    Illinois
    THE BIRTH OF A HUMMINGBIRDThis is truly amazing. Be sure to click on NEXT PAGE at the bottom of each page; there are 5 pages in all. A lady found a hummingbird nest and got pictures all the way
    from the egg to leaving the nest. Took 24 days from birth to flight. Because you'll probably never in your lifetime see this again, enjoy; and please share.Go to this sitehttp://community.webtv.net/Velpics/HUM

2. 223reload

223reload New Member

State:
    Oklahoma
    Truly amazing ,like you said ,Dean. I found it quite educational as well.Thanks for sharing it with us.

3. catfisherman_eky3

catfisherman_eky3 New Member

State:
    Kentucky
    Awesome stuff thank you for sharing this with us your right that was some pretty cool stuff I bet she had alot of patients to take the time and do this, I always wondered how long it took to leave the nest thanks again for sharing this with us.

4. jim

jim New Member

State:
    Jacksonville NC
    That was way cool!!!!!:smile2:I thought they nested after they arrived in our area ,which is usually May but evidently not.Any idea where in the country the pictures were taken.I have seen a few here but have none on the feeder yet.They tend to favor natural around here until the azaleas and dogwoods are done.Then they come to the feeders.Thanks:big_smile:

5. Cheryl

Cheryl Well-Known Member

State:
    TN
    Thanks Dean, those were awesome!

When you get to the end of the 2005 pics, at the bottom of the page is a link to some from 2003. The 2003 say they were taken in California.

Reps for sharing, Dean!

6. ozzy

ozzy New Member

State:
    Lost Wages
    Now that was just too darn neat. Thanks for sharing.

7. Larry

Larry New Member

State:
    Minnesota
    Cool!!
    thanks for sharing...

8. Scott Daw

Scott Daw New Member

State:
    Allentown, Pennsylvania
    I found a nest once in the fall while hunting. It's amazing how small they are and how well camoflaged they can be.

9. olefin

olefin New Member

State:
    Texas
    That guy did a great job with his camera.

Thanks Dean.

10. ladyfish50

ladyfish50 New Member

State:
    Louisiana
    Absolutely beautiful! Thanks so much for posting that; I've never seen baby hummers before. Great job!