Catfish Angler Forum at USCA banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
Tyler from Indiana
139 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
While I’m fishing I enjoy watching birds and other animals do there thing. The eagles really get my attention. My brother is a bit of a hobby photographer so I took him down the river to get some pictures. I thought I would share.

Attachments

·
Registered
Steven from Georgia
1,151 Posts
Very nice photos,
The one were she landing in the nest with fish in talons is super cool!

·
Registered
Tyler from Indiana
139 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Very nice photos,
The one were she landing in the nest with fish in talons is super cool!
That’s my favorite one. I had anchored the boat in a position where he had a clear shot of the nest. He was just trying to get a good picture of the eaglets. My job was to spot for anything that might make a good picture. I saw that adult heading to the nest and told him to keep it in frame and wait for the incoming bird. We were really in the right place at the right time for that one.
The original is better resolution but I grabbed it from Facebook then it compressed it further when I posted it here.

·
Premium Member
Bill. South Dakota
2,159 Posts
You ever get a chance, come to South Dakota below Ftt. Randell dam. It is very breathtaking to be anchored below dam and watch a bald eagle swoop down to river and grab a fish.

·
Registered
907 Posts
I had a bald eagle snatch about 8lb steelhead off my line. I had finally worn it out and was reeling and that bird snatch it up...I was so mad, 12hrs on the river that day and that was my only bite. Looking back it was pretty cool though 😂

1 - 6 of 6 Posts