Bird flu

Discussion in 'Waterfowl Hunting' started by quackkillsduxs, Mar 22, 2006.

1. quackkillsduxs

quackkillsduxs New Member

State:
    madison mississippi
    Has anybody heard about the bird flu? Is it gonna screw up next years duck season and turkey?

2. dinkbuster1

dinkbuster1 New Member

State:
    Ohio
    sure wish you hunters would bring these dang geese to near extinction before it gets over here! with all the droppings, feathers they leave behind it will spread like crazy. i dont know about other "bigger" citys but Dayton is infested with canadian geese.

3. slabmaster

slabmaster New Member

State:
    missouri
    i hunted ducks and geese for age 7 to age 25 like it was a religion. i heard about bird flu 3 years ago . i told my buddies then that waterfoul would spread it.and so will starlings and blackbirds.

4. Fatkat

Fatkat New Member

State:
    Blanchester, Ohio
    Symtoms of Bird Flu:

1) aches and pains
    2) sweating
    3) chills
    4) fever
    5) iresistable urge to crap on somebody"s windshield

:p :eek: :p

5. TeamCatHazzard

TeamCatHazzard New Member

State:
    Illinois
    I have heard of it and dont think that it is going to have a direct impact on next years waterfowl season yet. I know it is happening other places, but dont think it is really a problem in the US.....yet! I hope it doesnt because I think it would spread pretty fast here which would be really bad! I know they are really concerned about the snow geese because of their population size it would spread really fast through them, but I have not heard any publications or anything on the inside yet. That is major at least. So lets keep our fingers crossed and hope for a great spring hatch and nesting season and some liberal limits so it will be hammer time come next fall!

6. Cheryl

Cheryl Well-Known Member

State:
    TN
    Last I skimmed an articles headlines in the paper and internet, they are expecting it to reach the US, this summer. Unless they have retracted that, it was sometime last week I read it. Research the net for articles and see what you find.

7. whichrod

whichrod New Member

State:
    columbia sc
    i had a blue jay intentionally sneeze on me sheees they have no manners

8. Cheryl

Cheryl Well-Known Member

State:
    TN
    Read today in the paper that they are going to be watching for people in the hospitals that have been to the countries affected and been around birds, so they can isolate them. Hoping to prevent this.

My thoughts:
    Have to wonder if it is going to jump from the birds to any animal that might ingest an infected bird, too. Then it's a more intense situation than it already has become.

9. RIP

RIP New Member

State:
    Somerville, Tennessee
    I saw a chicken foaming at the beak! Huummmmm. Could it be?

10. slabmaster

slabmaster New Member

State:
    missouri
    last week cnn reported that dogs and cats were infected in europe.they suspected that the dogs and cats had ingested infected birds.

11. Cheryl

Cheryl Well-Known Member

State:
    TN
    Slabmaster,
    Thanks for the info!

Guess we have to pray our chickens and turkeys don't get it and we ingest it. Lot of chicken eaters out there.