Binoculars... what do you guys recommend.

Discussion in 'General Conversation' started by FourWinds, Mar 30, 2008.

1. FourWinds

FourWinds New Member

State:
    Lawton, Oklahoma
    Howdy fellas (and fellettes, I suppose)...

I'm curious about something... and I know there are a lot of you out there that are knowledgeable in regards to what I'm curious about... and that is, basically, binoculars.

I've still got a pair of binoculars that I was given as a birthday or a Christmas present about 40 years ago. I've been meaning to get some new ones for several years now but just haven't gotten around to it. However, I've been giving that more thought lately.

As the years have gone by, my vision has gone the way that a lot of you can relate to... I've worn glasses for a few years now.

Now, more to the point... are there any binoculars made that are 'eyeglass-friendly'? As I'm sure many know, it's a pain to have to take your glasses off in order to look through your binoculars when you want to then have to put your glasses back on so you can see... worse when it's back and forth.

2. Kutter

Kutter New Member

State:
    Arnold, MO
    I can't walk ten ft without tripping over something, if I don't have my glasses on. That said, I never need them when using binoculars or looking through a scope. They seem to make up for poor eyesight on their own.

Now, never forget the old saying, "Nobody ever said "I wish I had bought a cheaper pair of binoculars!"." Buy the best you can afford. For the most part, this is one of those rare occasions where price usually does line up with quality.

3. catfisherman_eky3

catfisherman_eky3 New Member

State:
    Kentucky
    Binoculars are great to have, we have some but im not sure what kind they are, but it helps me see better

4. bearcat

bearcat Member

State:
    Nokomis, Illinois
    I dont know how they work with eye glasses but I just bought a pair of Nikon binoculars and they are crystal clear. they only cost around 100. They are the action series. 10X50. They claim in the brochure that the eye cups roll back for use with eye glasses. Check them out some where you can pick them up and look thru them. I hope this helps.

5. 223reload

223reload New Member

State:
    Oklahoma
    Dave,Most any brand of binoculars these days have either adjustabl eyepieces or roll down rubber cuffs for those that wear glasses. I just bought a pair of 10x50s bushnell,and a 8x50 bushnell,from walmart togather they were less than 75.00. I'm cheap,and cant see spending a lot on binocs or scopes,I know some say you get what you pay for ,But imo some midgrade optics are as good as high priced ones,all are no good if you dont take good care of them. hope this helps.

6. FourWinds

FourWinds New Member

State:
    Lawton, Oklahoma
    Thanks for the replies, fellas. Pretty much answers my question.