Bill

Discussion in 'Gateway Catfishing Club' started by Mrs Okie, Jul 30, 2009.

1. Mrs Okie

Mrs Okie New Member

State:
    Okla/Illinois
    Just wondering how the back is doing? You still in lots of pain?

Mrs. OK

2. Cuz

Cuz New Member

State:
    DeSoto, MO
    Hard to imagine why someone who lifts up the backs of folks trucks has a sore back lol betta stick to winching kittens My friend an leave the trucks to the young guys. Your gonna be up there with ole jer soon lmfao x 10

In all seriousness I hope your feeln better.

3. RIVER-RAT

RIVER-RAT New Member

State:
    MO / MT
    Hey thanks for thinking of me Mrs Okie!

Yeah, I've been spending time laying on the floor stretching! That and an hour or so at the chiropractor getting a massage and more stretching!

I kinda feel sorry for the little gal giving me the back massage, she literally is putting all her weight (all 130 lbs) into rubbing! I told her to bring in some roller blades and just get up there and skate around a bit! :smile2::smile2::smile2:

But, I certainly am feeling much better! I am a little apprehensive to go to bed cause that's when it seems to really tighten up and start spasming. Those hurt so dang bad I almost pee a little! :roll_eyes::smile2::smile2:

And for the record, Cuz I wasn't lifting when I injured my back, unless it was a delayed sort of thing :wink:

4. Catmanblues

Catmanblues New Member

State:
    S.E Ohio
    Wishing the best Bill. Get that healed up soon now.

5. Mrs Okie

Mrs Okie New Member

State:
    Okla/Illinois
    Bill, glad that you are better. You need to take it easy and get well. I am putting MY name on the list to go fishing in the Death Barge and I want you up to your full potential. lol

6. hillbilly25002000

hillbilly25002000 New Member

State:
    missouri
    hope ur back gets better soon

7. Mr Okie

Mr Okie New Member

State:
    Okla/Texas
    I think you need to take a day off work and get a little water therapy........:wink: :wink: Saturday should do it...

8. theonecatfishbob

theonecatfishbob New Member

State:
    Wright City, Missouri
    Hey Bill, you want me to come mow your grass?? JK pal, take it easy and get it rested up. I think a little holdem and bar b que would be a good recipe for a healing potion.

9. buckdoe270

buckdoe270 New Member

State:
    Overland, Mo
    A little R&R at the Boat Club may help:wink:

10. Cuz

Cuz New Member

State:
    DeSoto, MO
    I can remember back when I use to lift (yea i know, you can withhold the jokes here lol) I had a bout with back spasms Rat. They were almost crippling, and severely painfull. Tried everything and took everything the docs prescribed and nothing helped.

Out of desparation, I "listened to my mother"

She said take an Excedrin, drink some gatorade, and eat a nanner before bed.

As dumb as it sounded, I gave in. It worked. Slept all night the first night. She told me an electrolyte imbalance wil cause severe back spasms. Something to do with the little transmitters on the synapses at the end of your muscle belly tendons. Hell I cant remember lol She was a nurse, so couldnt really argue.

In my case I did have some sore muscles from lifting, but it was an electrolyte imbalance that was causing my night time grief.

May not help ya my friend, but in my case the old wives tales out produced the medical establishment.

Worth a shot if ya have nothing to lose, but please dont bring any of those !@# damn nanners out in the boat with me. :smile2:

11. Mr Okie

Mr Okie New Member

State:
    Okla/Texas
    HAR DE HAR HAR :wink: :wink:

Well at 4" 10" you didn't have to lift them far. :smile2:

12. Cuz

Cuz New Member

State:
    DeSoto, MO
    How did I know THAT was coming :smile2: I thought it would take a little longer than 1 minute though :smile2:

13. Mr Okie

Mr Okie New Member

State:
    Okla/Texas
    Your welcome just trying to help out my friend.

But the nanner thing might help out as lack of potasium will cause muscle spasm and nanners are high in potassium..I think he needs to take off work Saturday and come have some of Dr Phyllis's nanner pudding...she can write him a note excusing him from work...:wink:

What say you Dr. Phyllis...

Last edited: Jul 31, 2009
  14. Mrs Okie

Mrs Okie New Member

State:
    Okla/Illinois

If Bill thinks banana pudding would help and if he could attend, I would make a large bowl, just for him.

From the medical journal of old Oklahoma housewives

Buttermilk is good for back and leg cramps.
    An open pocket knife between the mattresses of your bed will "cut" back pain.

15. RIVER-RAT

RIVER-RAT New Member

State:
    MO / MT
    Thanks for all the concern everybody! I am feeling ALOT better today!

I have to work this damn fair, I would surely be up sh*t creek if I didn't show up :confused2:

I'm sure you all will have a great time Saturday, drink a soda pop for me! :wink::smile2::smile2:

16. poopdeck [patrick]

poopdeck [patrick] New Member

State:
    ofallon il
    I have had chronic back pain for years. I done had one operation and need another one. A bad back can make a grown man cry, believe me I been there. If it is just a strain you will be alright going to that there crio fellow but if it's a ruptered disc your gonna have to see a nero surgeon.

17. BajaCoop

BajaCoop Well-Known Member

State:
    Poplar Bluff,MO
    rat you just need the misses to get a high paying job so you can just blow off work and be Mr. mom/fish all the time.

18. olejer

olejer New Member

State:
    Herculaneum Mo.
    Works for ME
    oops i said that out loud

19. Seth

Seth Active Member

State:
    Owensville, MO
    My back was bugging me around my sacrum a month ago when I was doing a lot of lower back focuses crossfit workouts. I made it a point to do a really good stretch of the whole body and also really focuses a lot on the hips and back before working out and before bed. I feel better now than I did before when I was going to a chiropractor.

Hope it heals for you soon. Back pain sucks and makes a guy feel useless. :angry: