Bill dance's catfish bait

Discussion in 'Catfishing Baits' started by catfish_jordan, Aug 22, 2006.

1. catfish_jordan

catfish_jordan New Member

State:
    Lincoln,NE
    has anybody used bill dance's catfish bait that you can find at bass pro?
    if so did you have any luck on it because i thought about buying some.

2. breadboy

breadboy New Member

State:
    North Carolina
    I've had luck, the bait chunks or w/e is what I used. I expected to just catch eater size as normal, and one good size cat snagged me up :sad2: . I liked the bait.

3. Dmitri

Dmitri New Member

State:
    Illinois
    I'm a bit wary about prepared baits after having 0 luck with any store bought baits ever...but I've got some liver and Cheese and blood stink baits I need to get rid of, so I may toss a couple hook out with those.

4. Bengalfan79

Bengalfan79 New Member

State:
    Alexandria, KY(CincyArea)
    I watched a catfishing video with a dip bait segment where they showed you the proper way to load them and all of that good stuff. So I go to the local walmart and buy some dip worms and dip bait and head to the river one night and the lake the night after that. About $20 and no fish later I am not sold on the store bought dip baits. Please consider that I havent fished them a whole lot and it could have been just bad nights. Good luck.

5. kingkat

kingkat New Member

State:
    nc
    I tried it an all I caught was a lot of little cats.Better off sticking with cut bait. catch a lot of bigger fish

6. fishinpals

fishinpals New Member

State:
    Virginia, Illinois
    We use dip bait and normally catch channels from 1 1/2 lbs to 10 lbs. Have great results wih Hoss's Hawg Bait and Looper Rigs. Probably have caught 25 good channels in past 7 fishing trips (not including what others have caught) have to really load up dip bait. My wife normally ctached the biggins. Like to use cut gills for larger fish but all in all I catch just as nice fish with Hoss's. Have never tried bother Bill's dip bait.

7. mark senff

mark senff New Member

State:
    indiana
    I've Never Tried Bill's Bait Either, But When I'm Channel Cattin And Not Usin Cut Bait, Boakers Stink Bait Has Always Worked Great For Me. Good Luck With It, Whatever You Decide To Use.

8. jailcop2

jailcop2 New Member

State:
    iowa
    Try the Junnies line of dip baits . The Wicked Stickey and Sewer bait work pretty good for me.