Bill Dance

Discussion in 'General Conversation' started by pendog66, Jun 13, 2006.

1. pendog66

pendog66 New Member

State:
    Brookville OH
    I remember saying all i can do is watch Bill Dance now that my shoulder is messed up with surgery. Well i turn on the tv and there he is drift fishing for Blue cats on the mighty mississippi river. I taped it, it was a very good show. Did anyone else see it?

2. TNVOLCAT

TNVOLCAT New Member

State:
    Tennessee
    Nate, I have seen that one a couple times. I think he has made a few shows on the Miss. river from diff. locations near Memphis, Tn. I don't know if it was the same episode or not, but one time while he was fishing there he pulled his boat up on a sandbar and fished from the bank for awhile with his socks and shoes off. It was pretty funny!

3. RiverKing

RiverKing New Member

State:
    Yellow Spr
    Yeah i saw it, i was hoping that he would catch a hawg...It was a good show though

4. FishMan

FishMan New Member

State:
    Tennessee
    Yes I did and I am going to try the way he had his line riged. They make it look so easy but on most of them fishing shows that have 5, 10 or 20 boats out looking for fish. I have also notice some take place over several days. At times the goof up and show someone with a different shirt. Once I notice a different watch. I have even seen the color of the boat change. I have been told that a certain person ( BD ) has a private lake that is guarded like Ft. Knox he has employees that fish it often just to keep small fish count way down. they feed the big bass whole fish that are to big for small fish to eat which are raised in a different pond. When they want to make a fishing show they don't feed the fish for several days and whatever bait he is teaching about catches fish. I wonder why.

Sorry I got off the message, oh yes, I did see that show and enjoyed it.

5. DLB-in-GR

DLB-in-GR New Member

State:
    MI
    Yeah, I just got done watching it as a matter of fact. First time I have ever watched Bill Dance, usually I don't watch bass fishing on tv. He made it look so easy, but didn't catch any whales on that show. I don't know if I'll ever go blue cat fishing in the Mississippi but it was an interesting show, even if it did have a lot of ads.

Happy fishing,
    Doug

6. BigCatDreaming

BigCatDreaming New Member

State:
    Illinois
    Yah i just watched that one today. He may not have caught some hawg but it was still interesting. You guys have my word if i ever become a professional fisherman, that nothing will be fake on my show.

7. ShilohRed

ShilohRed New Member

State:
    West Tn
    Seen that one yesterday. Hope me makes more. I don't care who makes them. We just need more catfish shows.
    Pete

8. RIP

RIP New Member

State:
    Somerville, Tennessee
    Hey Pete, come on down to somerville, bring a camera man, and we will go to the miss. river and make some catfishing shows.Don't know if anybody will watch them but who care's it'll be fun.LOL

9. tnkatman

tnkatman New Member

State:
    Bluff City, TN
    Yeah I Seen And I Enjoyed It. I Wish Bill Would Do More Catfishing Episodes.

10. Buddrice

Buddrice New Member

State:
    Louisiana
    Yea I watch every catfishing show I can catch on the tube.

11. H2O Mellon

H2O Mellon New Member

State:
    Ohio
    Nate (Pendog) called me & had me listen to the part about the catfish hearing. I guess they can hear w/ their inner ear from as much as 2 miles away! :eek:oooh: Plus I learned a new way to sneak up on the hole your about to fish.

Thanks Nate.

12. RIP

RIP New Member

State:
    Somerville, Tennessee
    Yeah turn off your flashlight! LOL

13. ShilohRed

ShilohRed New Member

State:
    West Tn

LOL That might work. Today here below Pickwick would have been a good day. Waves got 3+ ft high had to idle 5 miles back to the ramp.
    And only one 5 lb channel cat.
    But it was a day on the water. LOL
    Pete