Bill Dance Catfish Rod?

Discussion in 'Fishing Rod Review' started by FATFLATTIE, Jan 30, 2008.

1. FATFLATTIE

FATFLATTIE New Member

State:
    ILM, NC
    I was looking through my new Bass Pro catalog and I noticed that Bill Dance/Quantum has came out with a new catfishing rod. They look alright, can handle fairly heavy weights, come in a one piece blank and they're white which I think is the only color a catfish rod should come in:wink: I was just wondering if anyone had used these rods yet and if so how do they perform? Don't know if I'll get any, but just wondering what others think about them.

2. willcat

willcat New Member

State:
    texas
    i saw that as well, there's also one in there labeled a lake rod & then the river rod....

3. DJH1

DJH1 New Member

State:
    Missouri
    What was the price on 'em Wes? I'm gonna go to their website and try to find it.

4. FATFLATTIE

FATFLATTIE New Member

State:
    ILM, NC
    They aren't "cheap", they're 45-50 dollars. For that price and a 1pc. blank they should be pretty good rods. If they're rated for up to 4oz they've probably got some backbone. I dunno, they may not be worth a crap.

5. catfishcrazy256

catfishcrazy256 New Member

State:
    Indiana
    I :wink:BOUGHT 2 OF THEM, LAST YEAR DIDNT LIKE THEM MUCH
    SOLD THEM CHEAP JUST MY OPINON

6. deerhunter4

deerhunter4 New Member

State:
    Illinois
    Thank You for the post...I am still liking my ugly stick pretty well...But always looking for a good rod at a fair price...

7. Bacardipr05

Bacardipr05 New Member

State:
    Pennsylvan
    I saw those also in my catalog. They "look" good but I would wish I could see them in person. I like the white and orange colors. They are suppose to be new. The guides in the picture look cheap but can't tell for sure.

8. nitronostrils

nitronostrils New Member

State:
    IL
    What was the downfall of these rods if you don't mind?

9. newtothegame2

newtothegame2 New Member

State:
    hudson wisconsin
    what was that "only white" remark? huh!

10. BKS72

BKS72 New Member

State:
    East of KC
    Bill Dance? Catfish Rod? Are you MAD? If it was a Bill Dance ba%$ rod, OK, but I'm telling you those would be guaranteed bad juju for catfish:smile2:

Seriously though, for 50 bones I'm getting an Ugly Stik Tiger M/H. Or two and a half disposable Cabela's KingKat rods:big_smile: Hope whatever you get lands some bigguns for ya,

Branden

11. beagle1963

beagle1963 New Member

State:
    Texas
    White try watching a black or any other color rod at night. Yes, all catfish rods should be white.

12. BKS72

BKS72 New Member

State:
    East of KC
    New, I'm assuming you were kidding, but with a screen name like FATFLATTIE and the flat in Wes's avatar pic he probably primarily fishes at night (like a lot of us) and it's a lot easier to see a white or other light colored rod at night than a darker color...............

13. FATFLATTIE

FATFLATTIE New Member

State:
    ILM, NC
    Right on the money there man. Plus, I just think white rods say "I'm a catfisherman!":smile2: But hey, that's just my opinion, others may like a darker colored rod but I prefer white over anything else.

14. kscathunter

kscathunter New Member

State:
    Louisburg,
    correct me if im wrong but i think the rods mentioned in the first post are new this year. they had bill dance rods before that had different stats than the new ones. again i could be wrong but they have two sets of bills rods.

15. Blue Bruiser

Blue Bruiser New Member

State:
    St Louis, Missouri
    Yes the rods they put out prior to these were junk. i did land a 42 lb blue on one...... It was singin like a songbird though.... The new rods seem fairly stout. I looked at them yesterday at Bass Pro.

Also if you are looking for a combo.... The Bass pro here has 3 of the Quantum/ Bill Dance Baitcast Combos.

Seem like a pretty decent reel for the money....

They are 50 bucks for the rod and reel

I could pick em up and ship em to ya.

16. DJH1

DJH1 New Member

State:
    Missouri
    Anybody bought one of these yet? 60 bucks for the "river" combo on basspro.com. Too bad I'd have to drive a couple hours to see one in person...

17. GUP

GUP New Member

State:
    Washington, MO
    I have 4 of these rods. I like them alot for fishing on the Missouri river. The reels are of good quality too. I don't like them on the lake due to them being a little stiff on the tip, but they work fine. I think they are a great combo for the money. Don't get me wrong, I'd rather have Surge rods or the Catfish Safari rods, but the fundage always seems a little low for those! As a matter of fact I'd probably transfer the reels if I ever got new rods. One day...

18. Reel_Blues

Reel_Blues New Member

State:
    Virginia
    So in your opion Bill should stick to bass fishing and leave the cat'n to the pro's lol :wink:

19. Dreadnaught

Dreadnaught New Member

State:
    Henderson,Ky
    Do these "White" Bill Dance rods come with pre broken tips and bent guides??? LMAO!!!

20. FATFLATTIE

FATFLATTIE New Member

State:
    ILM, NC
    I almost spit my beer all over the computer!!

What's everybody's problem with Bill Dance, after all he is America's favorite fisherman:embarassed: