bill dance cat rods

Discussion in 'Fishing Rod Review' started by offshore_angler, Aug 20, 2009.

1. offshore_angler

offshore_angler New Member

State:
    SW TENNESSEE
    yesterday i bought 2 bill dances cat rods at the bass pro. im not a big fan of quanium products 'but i love these rods..i landed a 52 lbs flat on my 9ft bill dance last night..the feel of these rods are awsome .they cast a 6 ounce egg with ease.. also later i found that these rods are made from e-glass!!! and price wise is probley the cheapest e-glass rods you can buy...

2. biga

biga Well-Known Member

State:
    evansville
    you are the first person i have ever heard with a good thing to say about them... my first feeling when i picked one up off of the shelf was JUNK!!!:eek:oooh:

3. snakeman76

snakeman76 New Member

State:
    Tallahassee, Fl
    I heard bad things about them to but never tried one

4. Catfish_Scooter

Catfish_Scooter New Member

State:
    Tennessee
    Yeah ive heard mixed reviews, but if it landed a 52 lb. flattie it sounds pretty good too me!:cool2:

5. biga

biga Well-Known Member

State:
    evansville
    wasnt the world record flat caught on a snoopy pole? i aint running out to buy none of them...:big_smile:

6. offshore_angler

State:
    SW TENNESSEE
    ive heard bad things also. but thats just hear say..I've been fishing pro since 2004 and belive me every one has there diffrences and opinions on there rods and reels! it's just that i took a pole that that cost 20 dollar and done the same thing a 100 dollar pole could do. now when it comes to hooks line reel's im the best all the way..mustdad and gama's penn and abu's and p-line mono to power pro braid. as long as my drag is set i can take a tree limb and land a 50lb'er.

7. Catfish_Commando

Catfish_Commando TF Staff Member

State:
    Georgia
    Not many people make there living from catfishing only.

I know of only (4) so far.

Last edited: Aug 21, 2009
  8. catfishscotty

catfishscotty Well-Known Member

State:
    mo
    :big_smile: I had the pleasure of fishing 2 nights with a wonderfull catfish pro last weekend !!!

his name is vince cople

hes won many many tournaments and has skills ive never seen before .
    I learned so much about catfishing from him !!!!!

he has invented many rigs and styles of fishing that will put you in the money on the pro tournaments ... hes been to the world cup of catfishing tournaments many times over and has placed many times and won a lot of money threw out his carreer ..

he was even nice enough to share his secrets with me and gave me a tackle box with several of his secret rigs !!!:big_smile::big_smile:

he has influence the catfish industry greatly ..

I bet them bill dance rods are pretty good vince has even talked with bill himself many times threw out his carreer .

if vince likes bill dance my money says his rods are top notch !!!!

thanks again for teaching me your knowledge and secrets vince :wink::big_smile:

9. lforet2002

lforet2002 Well-Known Member

State:
    Tennessee
    Well I got one and I caught lots of big fish with it..Its about 3 years old and I even caught some reds with it..The one I got looks different from the new ones..

10. preshrd3cpy

preshrd3cpy New Member

State:
    Calhoun,Tennessee
    I dont own one but I have been watching Bill on Tv for a long time I dont think that I equipment would be bad I would use them.

11. offshore_angler

State:
    SW TENNESSEE
    i defently dont make a living just catfishing trust me... im a electrican by trade and that barley pays the bill's lol. fishing is a hobby, and if you can make money doing it do it...

12. biga

biga Well-Known Member

State:
    evansville
    you must have got vinces world famous catfishing world champion speech !!! i heard its a good one :smile2::smile2::smile2::smile2::smile2::smile2::smile2: can we say bullcrap on here without paul getting mad???:wink::wink:

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 22, 2009
  13. THE PAN MAN

THE PAN MAN New Member

State:
    hartsburg mo.
    i got one ive had for bout a year now. seems to get the job done for me.:big_smile: i got it for 40 bucks at a bait shop and have not had a prob yet.

14. biga

biga Well-Known Member

State:
    evansville
    the older ones with the stainless eyes seem ok at best but the new ones are really cheaply built...

15. katman#1

katman#1 New Member

State:
    South Carolina
    must be a darn old yankee:angry::angry: he wines about a great post with a positive thing about a afordable rod i have two of them they are great dont beleive everything u hear until u try it dont knock it :big_smile:

16. offshore_angler

State:
    SW TENNESSEE
    im with ya katman...i really like them to there very comfortable and the cast great...and you are right somebody is alittle grouchy on here...lol

17. katman#1

katman#1 New Member

State:
    South Carolina
    glad to see somebody agrees i have penn 220s on both of my BD catfish collection rods with 50lbs cajun red they havent failed me yet work great in heavy current to i also use shakespeare tiger rods they arent any better than the bd rods the reels that came on them i still use but have them on silstar catmasters with 40lbs cajun red i use in lakes :wink::wink: