bigmaac's fishing report

Discussion in 'LOCAL FLORIDA TALK' started by bigmaac73, Mar 8, 2008.

1. bigmaac73

bigmaac73 Member

State:
    Lenoir City, TN
    Went out to the yellow river today and yesterday to do a little fishing, but mainly scouting. Still gonna be a few weeks probably before they start hitting hard, but I wanted to get out there and take a look around. Didn't bring much in the way of bait. Still kinda hard to come by this time of year. Just went out and grabbed some shrimp and brought some dip bait along. I put in on the yellow river on Hwy 87 just south of I-10. Never been here before but was pleasantly surprised. I dont really know the level of the river here but it seemed to be pretty close to normal maybe a little high. The runs were about 8-10 ft deep and was ran across several holes in the 18-30 ft range. I think there were about 7 holes that I will be fishing next month when I can start getting ahold of some good baitfish. I could get some bluegills, but I would rather get mullet and dont know where to get them this time of year. Only fished 2 spots with the shrimp and dip bait, got a few hits but nothin stuck. I was pretty happy learning what was out here. There will probably be some good fishing later this year there at the yellow. I will keep you all posted on how things are going. And if you all have any suggestions I would love to hear them. Good fishing, tight lines.

2. bigmaac73

bigmaac73 Member

State:
    Lenoir City, TN
    Went to the bay today in search of the elusive baitfish. None there yet. Made a couple of casts into my never fail spots and nothing. Even tried to lure some in with oatmeal, which if they are there, they will take it. The really little minnows are getting back in and you know what that means. The bigger baitfish are soon to follow. And when they start moving, then we can get some fresh bait and get back out to do some serious fishing. Tight lines, good fishing.

3. Phantom309

Phantom309 New Member

State:
    Titusville Florida
    Tx's for the report Justin,
    I'm stuck over here catchin Crappie, generally my crappie catchin starts to taper off this time of year and I start targeting the cats. However, Spec's are still going strong, so, not sure when I'm going to get to those cats.
    Have a nice day.
    Danny

4. bigmaac73

bigmaac73 Member

State:
    Lenoir City, TN
    Yeah, like I said I am just waiting for the baitfish to start comming back to the docks. I am going to the marina just about every day to see if they are there. They are slowly comming in but there is not enough around to net a days bait. I am sure you could if you wanted to spend all day netting, but I would rather be fishin. I'll get back to you all when the time is right. Shouldn't be too long now.

5. seacatfish

seacatfish New Member

State:
    Florida
    Any of you boys ever tried squid in fresh water? I been using them in brackish with great results, but that is for seacatfish, hardheads and gafftopsails. Just curious if they would work for flathead and channels.

6. bigmaac73

bigmaac73 Member

State:
    Lenoir City, TN
    Well, headin back out to the yellow river tommorrow morning. Gonna get to the water about 6am. Got about 30 gills, some stink bait, and an arm full of hopes. Hopefully we'll have some nice pics tommorrow night to show off. I was hoping to get some fresh mullett but cannot find them to net or catch. I really hope I can get into some soon.

7. catfisherman_eky3

catfisherman_eky3 New Member

State:
    Kentucky
    interesting thanks for the report