Biggest Flathead Catfish of 2009 So Far?

Discussion in 'LOCAL OHIO TALK' started by brandonbtbt, May 16, 2009.

1. brandonbtbt

brandonbtbt New Member

State:
    Cambridge, OH
    My personal best so far this year is 23 pounds... the biggest ive seen on rod and reel is 32 pounds... what does everyone else have?

2. Mo.Hick

Mo.Hick Active Member

State:
    Madison Mo.
    Welcome to the BOC from Mo Brandon. Congrats on a nice fish.

Tom

3. brandonbtbt

brandonbtbt New Member

State:
    Cambridge, OH
    thanks man.... ive been catfishing for years and never been to the site... this place is great!

4. flathunter

flathunter New Member

State:
    Ohio
    I have not even caught a flathead yet this year, not had time to get out much.

I usually do my best anymore post spawn, August is my best month, follwed closely by september, then October.

5. Garrett Cope

Garrett Cope New Member

State:
    Columbus Ohio
    Welcome to the BOC Brandon. Lots of great folks and great info here. 16 lbs is my one and only Flathead so far this year.

6. s_man

s_man New Member

State:
    south east ohio
    I've seen a few caught this year in Ohio, and seen photos on here from other Ohio brothers that have caught fish. The largest channel was 18 pounds. The largest Flathead so far is 44 pounds. The largest blue I've seen posted so far is 34 pounds.

7. catfishrollo

catfishrollo New Member

State:
    Ohio
    My biggest this year so far is 35 pounds followed closely by a 28 pounder both from the Muskingum River. Hopefully, I will get a couple big boys soon from the lakes.:wink: rollo

8. USE TO BE

USE TO BE New Member

State:
    Ohio
    I caught a 46 3 weeks ago. Got shut out this past Thursday. Those are the only two times I have got to go out. I will be going atleast twice a week from here though Sept now.

9. Catmanblues

Catmanblues New Member

State:
    S.E Ohio
    Haven't been out myself yet. Getting a later start for sure but ready to go now

10. Hoopie

Hoopie New Member

State:
    Ohio
    I have caught a few this year so far with the biggest being 23 lb and some change. Still lots of good fishing ahead of us.

Attached Files:

11. kenlaw76

kenlaw76 Well-Known Member

State:
    S.E. Pa.
    I got my biggest of 2009 lastnight. I have been practicing my Rollo pose :cool2:. It is some big points in the frenzy too :wink:. I also got my 2nd biggest of 09 lastnight a #23.

Attached Files:

12. varmint_sniper

varmint_sniper New Member

State:
    OHIO
    I have not even caught a flathead yet this year, not had time to get out much. hope to get out soon for a couple weekend trips and mabey this weekend clendening will let me have a good 1 will see

13. patrickgd

patrickgd New Member

State:
    Memphis TN
    This year I've caught 5 Flathead a 12,7,6,2 and yesterday one that was beyond my scales capacity to read, see pic below.

Attached Files:

14. adamj

adamj New Member

State:
    buckeye land
    He's so cute, and just think everything that might try to eat him now will be in trouble from him in a few years:wink:

15. Lignum

Lignum Member

State:
    Cincinnati, Ohio
    So far was tonight, a 22 pounder, on a cut sucker.

16. H2O Mellon

H2O Mellon New Member

State:
    Ohio
    Jack (Flathunter) busted a big 51 # (50.13) last night. That's the largest I've heard of this year.

17. Salmonid

Salmonid New Member

State:
    SW Ohio
    I took a 22.8 flattie just last Thursday, Ohio River, on a cut shad. ( posted pics in the Rivers section)

Salmonid

18. stangcrazy85

stangcrazy85 New Member

State:
    PerryTucky
    my biggest flattie was a 9.2 and chanell damn close to that heading out sun nite ohio or musk.. ?? any suggestions

19. flathunter

flathunter New Member

State:
    Ohio
    50-lbs 13 ounces...The pic is my avitar