Biggest Fish

Discussion in 'LOCAL KANSAS TALK' started by PeterBeutler, Jun 18, 2008.

1. PeterBeutler

PeterBeutler New Member

State:
    Kansas
    Around what size do you guys start using the cpr method?

2. arkrivercatman

arkrivercatman New Member

State:
    KS
    Part of it depends on the body of water you are fishin. I think that 10 lbs is a good number to start releasing though. I throw most of mine back. Its not that I dont like eatin them its just that I hate cleanin them.:smile2: The rule in my family has always been, you catch it,you clean it. :wink:

3. uttatoo

uttatoo New Member

State:
    greatbend kansas
    good post couldnt have said it better myself

4. River_monster91

River_monster91 New Member

State:
    central kansas
    yea i couldent have said it any better either gus. i dont like to clean my fish unless im gonna eat it soon. usually give it to my uncle he loves fish.

5. KC Jayhawk 78

KC Jayhawk 78 New Member

State:
    Kansas City, Ks
    I CPR everything over 5 lbs. A 5 lb. channel is a pretty healthy fish, and it can easily be 8 lbs. the next season. 2 and 3 lbers. are the best eaters in my opinion anyway. :big_smile:

6. delbert bumbleshoot

delbert bumbleshoot New Member

State:
    Overland Park,Kansas
    I only eat crappie bluegill and walleye. I don't begrudge a guy keeping a couple of eaters. Don't kill the big ones takes 'em too long to get big. My moron uncle however always wants to keep the bigger ones much to my dismay. I only keep them when someone with me wants some. Every knucklehead I see keeps all the bigger ones even in a small lake.

7. rob128146

rob128146 New Member

State:
    Rockwell, North Carolina
    Well here comes the nasty PM's to me again but i CPR all my cats!!:big_smile: I don't eat them, but I think the magic number is 10lbs. I think it has to do witht he fish size in the body of water also. Thanks for CPR efforts every little bit help since I counted almost 400 jugs the other night on Badin.:angry:

8. yeppa

yeppa New Member

State:
    Topeka, Kansas
    What Kyle said!! Besides, my main challenge is to catch 'em big enough to eat!

9. Catfish Fever

Catfish Fever New Member

State:
    Wside, Mil
    Mark, the impression you left me with, your biggest challenge was to CATCH a Catfish, then you can start thinking about eating one:smile2::smile2::smile2:

10. yeppa

yeppa New Member

State:
    Topeka, Kansas
    PLEASE Jim--Leave me my dreams!!