biggest fish?

Discussion in 'LOCAL KANSAS TALK' started by River_monster91, Mar 2, 2009.

1. River_monster91

River_monster91 New Member

State:
    central kansas
    ok all of you, especialy you ol' timers. whats the biggest catfish you have ever seen caught in person. dont matter if you caught it, yer granma caught it, or yer second cousin twice removed caught it. i just wanna know what the biggest cat any of yall ever seen in person is. biggest ive ever seen in person is a 45lb flattie we caught limblinin in the arkansas.

2. gdlocal10

gdlocal10 New Member

State:
    kansas
    I saw a channel 35 + and have actually caught a 45 blue That was my pb but im looking to smoke that. that was pretty big for a channel it was at truman lake on a trotline

3. n2fishn

n2fishn New Member

State:
    Topeka,Kan
    My best flat on rod and reel was 55lb caught at the tubes at Tuttle.
    Biggest flat I have caught on lines was 72lbs at Melvern in the MDC river.

Biggest channel on R&R was at Melvern was 29lbs west of the bridge at Sundance.

Biggest flat I ever seen caught was 89lbs at Tuttle at the Tubes caught by a women.

Biggest fish I have ever caught on R&R was a spoonbill..84lbs at Miami OK.

Good post Donnie...I knew you had something good in you:smile2:

4. fishinfreak19D

fishinfreak19D New Member

State:
    Pittston, PA
    i seen a guy at rocky ford pull a 55er out of the slow side of the wall.. it was the first one i ever even seen in person too. the guy fought it for about 30 min.. for someone originally from Pa and only use to small channels and bullheads i thought it was God's gift to fishing.

5. fishinfreak19D

fishinfreak19D New Member

State:
    Pittston, PA
    i seen a guy at rocky ford pull a 55pound flatty out of the slow side of the wall.. it was the first one i ever even seen in person too. the guy fought it for about 30 min.. for someone originally from Pa and only use to small channels and bullheads i thought it was God's gift to fishing.

6. arkrivercatman

arkrivercatman New Member

State:
    KS
    Biggest I seen that I can remember was my Dad's 58 lber. I was 4 years old and stuck my head in its mouth.:smile2:
    He had caught bigger but I wasnt born yet.:sad2::smile2:
    I have seen lots of big ones smaller than that though.
    Biggest blue was around 50 lbs caught by my Dad.
    My 46 last year came close.
    Biggest channel was 20 lbs, caught by myself.:smile2:

7. center12

center12 New Member

State:
    KS
    Saw a 32# channel that was caught below Bowersock, also saw a 70# flathead from the same area. I caught a 65# Blue 3 years ago on the river, rod & reel. Seen many pictures of 80+ lb. flatheads from this part of the river, but I've never had the opportunity to personally see an 80.

8. kansas_catman_16

kansas_catman_16 New Member

State:
    Kansas
    back in 07 i helped a guy land an 80lb flathead on the arkansas below lincoln street dam. biggest channel was ma dads 40lb caught on the walnut river in winfield kansas. and the biggest blue i saw/caught was this last yr 30lbs on the ark below 21st dam. arkrivercatman knows where im talkin about at 21st and lincoln street dams thos the places that dont do good till its flooding:roll_eyes::smile2:

9. unclebuncle

unclebuncle New Member

State:
    Humboldt,K
    I saw an 86 lb flathead that was caught in Neosho river and was state record for a long time.My best is 44 lb on RR.

10. KC Jayhawk 78

KC Jayhawk 78 New Member

State:
    Kansas City, Ks
    Joe, why didnt your dad apply for the state record for that channel cat? Charlie, what year did you see that channel caught below bowersock?

11. Catfish_Commando

Catfish_Commando TF Staff Member

State:
    Georgia
    test post..

12. catfishrollo

catfishrollo New Member

State:
    Ohio
    My buddy caught a blue with me last year on the James that was in the mid 60's to low 70's.. Dunno exact weight because it destroyed my scales.. A nice fish at that, and a pb for my boat:wink: rollo

13. catfishcrazy256

catfishcrazy256 New Member

State:
    Indiana
    Biggest Blue I ever saw was a 110 #at Ky. lake :eek:oooh:

14. catfishscotty

catfishscotty Well-Known Member

State:
    mo
    my biggest is 82 lb flathead , 3 other flatheads in the 60s

blue cats low 70s to high 60s

seen some bigger that other people have caught below the truman dam .

15. john catfish young

john catfish young New Member

State:
    Kentucky
    The biggest Flathead I've ever seen caught, I caught this past May 67.2 lbs.
    The biggest Blue I ever seen caught, I caught last year 47.9 lbs.:wink:

16. kansas_catman_16

kansas_catman_16 New Member

State:
    Kansas
    well keith my dad doesnt believe in killing big fish like that for a stupid record he jus let er go and it was a female so he'd let it go anyway but if i was my dad i would have let it go to. CPR well in this case it was jus CR :roll_eyes:

17. Mo.Hick

Mo.Hick Active Member

State:
    Madison Mo.
    Biggest was a blue that I caught. Didnt have scale big enough but by measurement scale it was around 81 lb out of mo river.

Tom

18. center12

center12 New Member

State:
    KS
    Keith, that had to have been 4 years ago. River was up, 3 guys in the boat and they had a limit. All the fish were caught on chicken liver. The fish was dead in their cooler when I saw it, thought it was just a nice Blue when I first looked at it, once they pulled it out it was obviously a channel. They didn't have a scale so I weighted it on mine. What was real funny was the fact that there was a Game Warden there and some guy fishing off the ramp came up and wanted to buy some of the fish............right in front of the warden!!! When I left, the guy was trying to convince the Warden he had forgot his fishing license at home.......dumbarse:smile2::smile2::smile2:

19. River_monster91

River_monster91 New Member

State:
    central kansas
    what kinda fish is that?:eek:oooh::smile2:

20. warcraft1975

warcraft1975 New Member

my biggest is 88lbs flathead i caught when i was 13 from the perry spillway, they biggest i have ever seen was 112 flathead caught on a trotline in the kansas river by along time friend of mine.