Biggest Fish You Caught in 2009?!

Discussion in 'All Catfishing' started by Branj796, Jan 9, 2010.

1. Branj796

Branj796 Member

State:
    Illinois
    Just thought we could all share the largest fish we caught in 2009. Where it was caught and how it was caught. Only share what you feel comfortable sharing.

My big fish for the year was a 50 pound blue. A 66 pounder was also caught by one of my fishing partners. The 50 was caught drifting, around December 15, at Lake Springfield. I caught it on filleted shad with a santee drift rig. Was caught in 22 ft of water. The 66 was caught in July while anchored up on a channel ledge. It was in 5 ft of water on shad guts. Both were caught on Lake Springfield. Which is really starting to turn into a quality catfishery. Hope to see some more fisherman fish the Lake Springfield Open Buddy Catfish Tournament Series. By the way all fish caught be me or my partners, over 5 pounds, are released, so those blues, are still out there to catch again.

2. alton

alton New Member

State:
    Illinois
    I caught 2 blues the same day that weighed right at #50 each. I was using an old #50 spring scale and they were both right at the max. I need to get a better scale this year. I caught both from the bank of the mississippi here in Alton IL. Was using skipjack and shad for bait.

3. o'boro cat hunter

o'boro cat hunter New Member

State:
    kentucky
    Nailed a 75lbs Blue on the Ohio River 11-27-09.

4. Catfishboy1995

Catfishboy1995 New Member

State:
    Council Bluffs
    Got a 23 lb Flathead on bullhead on the missouri river..

5. tricitycatter

tricitycatter Member

State:
    Washington
    Well in early May I was night fishing a spot behind Bateman's Island in the Columbia/Yakima River delta, it is a major spawning area, it was windy & rainy so the water was really choppy. There were a few diehards there all fishing the bottom with shrimp, I did the same & had 2 fish about 8-10lbs, Everyone else went home by 12 am, about 1 am I decided to try some cut bait on a bobber & see if I would be able to keep it in the area I wanted & see it in the chop. I had some frozen Squaw fish I had caught earlier in the week, cut a chunk, put it on the hook, (was the first time using this bait, but heard it was great for cats here), about 10 minutes later I got hit soo hard the pole nearly came out of my hands. 30 muntes later I had a 22 lb channel cat on the bank, bummer thing is I did not have a camera so I snapped a pic with my cell phone & released it, later found out I couldn't download pics from my phone.

This last September I was fishing for steelhead just behind Ice Harbor Dam on the Snake River, it was just after 10 pm when I got slammed & had 60 yards of line peeled off my reel, I knew it wasn't a steelhead cause it went straight down & out towards the dam. Took 40 minutes to get it in & a young guy next to me helped me land it & weigh it, 26 lbs, got the camera out had the guy take a pic of me & catfish & let go. Got home went to download the pics on the camera & for some reason the pic wasn't there, I knew I should have checked before I let it go, but there were 2 witnesses there.

6. catfisherman369

catfisherman369 Floyd

State:
    Nashville Il.
    Mine was a 22 pound channel cat , didnt have a camera as usual and dont have a camera phone . Was at the Washington County Lake a few miles North of Nashville Illinois . Was using a side of bluegill that I scaled and cut off . Caught on a 7 foot ugly stik with a Abu 5000 winch that had 20 pound big game on it . Same night we caught about 250 pounds of fish but that was the biggest . Nothing to brag about but maybe he will grow up to be a record channel .

7. catfishcrazy256

catfishcrazy256 New Member

State:
    Indiana
    75 # Blue Cat, pict in In. H.O.F. :Happy:

8. Welder

Welder New Member

State:
    Missouri
    2009 was a 51lb blue for me RR and the wife got a 70lb blue on a limb line.

9. Catman66086

Catman66086 Member

State:
    Kansas
    Caught the 38lb blue in my avatar while drifting in September. My buddy caught a 36lb blue the same day. Shad were boiling the surface all day. They were so thick that it sounded like it was raining. Ended up boating 200 plus pounds of blues. All the big boys were released.

10. slikk03

slikk03 New Member

State:
    illinois
    50 pound flathead , and a 42 that looked the same size, the 50 was caght at sangchris off a live bluegill on a king kael in freespoole clicker on, the 42 pound flat was on a team circal in a rodholder at a dam somwere in illinois deacatur dam

11. Mo.Hick

Mo.Hick Active Member

State:
    Madison Mo.
    48 pound blue caught in the Mo river on cut asian carp.

Tom

12. USCA-RECLAIMED-ACCOUNT

USCA-RECLAIMED-ACCOUNT New Member

Flattie 36#.We got 7 that night over 20# in a thirty minute period.Fun while it lasted!

13. krowbar

krowbar New Member

State:
    South Caro
    46 # Blue and 39# Flathead

14. Tomahawk

Tomahawk New Member

State:
    NC
    2009 was a off year for me. The biggest blue was only at 52lbs and the biggest flat was at 46lbs. Caught alot of fish but no gaints.

15. getthenet

getthenet New Member

State:
    ohio
    51lb blue and a 63lb blue

Attached Files:

16. steveturner024

steveturner024 Active Member

State:
    Illinois
    Name:
    Steve Turner
    Caught a 27lb 14oz blue. October 3, 2009.

17. Balex123

Balex123 New Member

State:
    Indiana
    I also caught my overall PB on the Ohio River Nov 27th. Big Flathead 45x32in. Didn't get an exact weight though.

18. kitsinni

kitsinni New Member

State:
    Ohio
    42# blue Ohio River. I got within 3lbs of this fish three times this year but this was the biggest.

Attached Files:

19. Blacky

Blacky New Member

State:
    Philadelphia, P
    38lb blue on the Potomac River in November on Pip's SeaArk.

20. JEFFRODAMIS

JEFFRODAMIS New Member

State:
    TEXAS
    15lb drum
    8.8 channel
    8.7 largemouth
    20? guess flathead come off with my hand in its mouth in 4 inchs of water..so guess it dont count
    1.10 gills of some sort