biggest fish of the year?

Discussion in 'LOCAL INDIANA TALK' started by shadgutter, Aug 7, 2008.

1. shadgutter

shadgutter New Member

State:
    Indiana
    what's the biggest fish everyone been catchen this year and where? flatties off where i fish and 4 that matter the channels r 2. ben/ blazerjet we know what u been catchen, but everyone else what's up?

2. Flootie16

Flootie16 New Member

State:
    Indiana
    for me its been all blues this year up in the markland pool on the ohio river. most years i catch more bigger flats but for some reason this year its been the blues that have dominated my big fish category.

3. treddinwater

treddinwater Active Member

State:
    Indianapolis, Indiana
    I haven't had a whole lotta of time for fishin this summer. So far though...a 15lb flathead caught on the Fox River up in Illinois, a 12lb channel caught out of the lake in Brown County where my grandma lives, and a couple of brute carp that were 18lbs out of White River. Everything else has been pretty slow, can't seem to buy a bite on the smallies out of the river this year. Last year I CPR'd 2 20" smallies out of the White.

4. shortbus

shortbus New Member

State:
    indiana
    Biggest this year was a 53.3lb flathead. From the tailwaters of salamonie lake. A few flatheads in the 20's from the huntington area of the wabash. Channel's have been nice sized from salamonie this year also, using cut shad and whole shad.

5. drpepper

drpepper New Member

State:
    Indiana
    not counting my lake here.... I've only caught a couple 20 somethings that were my biggest, and I caught both those on the same night.... hopefully that changes here pretty quick, I'm gettin' bummed about it.

6. river scum

river scum New Member

State:
    hooterville indiana
    i have been too busy to fish much also. i think the biggest is 28.

7. catfishking35

catfishking35 New Member

State:
    ohio
    mine is a 20lb shovel head

8. whiteriverbigcats

whiteriverbigcats New Member

State:
    Indiana
    My biggest this year is the Blue in my avatar at 37.8

9. Cdbush28

Cdbush28 New Member

State:
    Washington
    51 pound flathead caught in early June just before the big flood on the white river west fork.