biggest fish in shallow water

Discussion in 'All Catfishing' started by Pfunk, May 16, 2008.

1. Pfunk

Pfunk New Member

State:
    Lake Fork - Texas
    Ive caught some hogs in the shallows this Spring. Bigger than what ive been catching in the deep waters. This raises a question as to what are some of the records some of you have in shallow water.

That said, What's the biggest Catfish you caught in shallow water?

Size fish, depth and bait

2. uttatoo

uttatoo New Member

State:
    greatbend kansas
    my son caught a 15lb channel 1ft. from the bank perch fishing in about a foot of water 2 yrs ago on a piece of worm

3. Arkansascatman777

Arkansascatman777 New Member

State:
    AR
    I catch about all my bigger fish in 2 to 5 ft. water. My biggest of 43 lbs. was in 3 ft. water.

4. Dan the Fisherman

Dan the Fisherman New Member

State:
    Ramsey, Illinois
    35 pound blue in 8 inches of water. Depth dropped off fairly quickly though. I have caught several big fish in water less than 5 ft deep mostly in low light situations or after sun down.

5. tnkatman

tnkatman New Member

State:
    Bluff City, TN
    I caught the fish pictured on my avatar in 3 ft. of water.

6. BKS72

BKS72 New Member

State:
    East of KC
    Hit a 45 the other night in water so shallow I could see his tail splash when he hit the bait.

7. SunburntAgain

SunburntAgain New Member

State:
    Tulsa, OK
    I fish a shallow sandy plains river, it's a big river by width but a deep hole is only 5 or 6 ft deep in low water situations. Most of my my big fish have come from water less than 6 ft deep, more often 3 or 4 foot. Its a blast to set the hook and immediately see a huge rolling boil and a healthy tail slap.