biggest fish in a cast net

Discussion in 'General Conversation' started by ravenloft420, Jan 30, 2008.

1. ravenloft420

ravenloft420 New Member

State:
    mo
    just wonder if anyone ever accidently cast netted and big'n.

I would assume it happens from time to time.

2. 223reload

223reload New Member

State:
    Oklahoma
    I caught a carp once ,He might have been 5 lbs .

3. Reel_Blues

Reel_Blues New Member

State:
    Virginia
    I did it once on purpose at nags head N.C. There was a school of large sea mullet around this point and they wouldnt touch a hook. Everyone was trying throwing all kinds of different bait at them. But they wouldnt touch it. So i grabbed my cast net chucked it out and caught 3 12-15 lbers. after that people were running to get their cast nets it was like a feedding frenzy lol. Not knowing if it was legal to do that :crazy: I released mine just in case and put my net away and went back to fishing just near by. People were pulling these things in like they were on a commercial boat it was a chaotic scene people getting hit with cast nets lead in the face,back,head cursing screaming fighting there was even a couple of fist fights lol. And there i was 50 feet away just watching after having started the whole thing:crazy::wink:.

4. neocats

neocats New Member

State:
    Steubenvil
    I have caught a couple of 3-4 pound carps and several 1-3 pound large mouth bass.

5. ravenloft420

ravenloft420 New Member

State:
    mo

hahahahahahahahaha. lol

6. cat tamer

cat tamer New Member

State:
    MO
    I have had 3 asian carp that weighed between 20-30lbs each in the net at once.

7. wayne1967

wayne1967 New Member

State:
    Missouri
    5 lb flathead in the mouth of a creek that emptied into the river.

8. flathead willie

flathead willie Well-Known Member

State:
    Virginia
    I caught three stripers in a deep hole in a creek that runs into Smith Mountain Lake. I was trying to catch catfish bait. I think they came up the creek when it rained and the water got high, then found themselves stuck in a 10' x 10' hole between the rocks when the water went down.

9. willcat

willcat New Member

State:
    texas
    Cuaght a hybrid striper the other day just after catching some perch of the ramp!!

10. BKS72

BKS72 New Member

State:
    East of KC
    Caught a walleye that would go between 5 and 8 pounds, that was cool. Lots of big Asian carp for bait. I've caught lots of small channel cats and a couple 3-4# flatheads.

11. MRR

MRR New Member

State:
    Louisiana,Mo.
    Have caught stripped bass,carp and flathead and a few real small channels ,but nothing really big.

12. fishnfwl

fishnfwl New Member

State:
    South Cent
    And now after you start throwing that 30 footer who knows :wink:. You gonna pick up one of them that you were tosen around the other day? Just think about that over a school of 10+# Asians :crazy:

13. krowbar

krowbar New Member

State:
    South Caro
    i believe in most states that catching game fish in a cast net is illegal. best to check with the dnr in your area

14. FLATHEAD STEVE

FLATHEAD STEVE New Member

State:
    DESMOINES IOWA
    Beleive or not me and a buddy were taking turns casting in the DES MOINES river in IOWA and caught a IOWA record small mouth bass we weighed it at 8.2 pounds and neither of us do the bass thing so we threw it back not thinking anything of it. A year later i found out. LOL!!

15. BKS72

BKS72 New Member

State:
    East of KC
    It's not catching them (unless I guess it's on purpose) that's illegal, it's keeping them. All game fish go back. I thought my son was going to have a fit when I told him that walleye had to go back:smile2:

Randy I'd love to figure out how to throw that thing like Tim does. I may treat myself to one when tax refunds come in. That way by the time NEXT spring rolls around I might be able to throw it:smile2:

16. catfishcrazy256

catfishcrazy256 New Member

State:
    Indiana
    CAUGHT A 15# FLATHEAD ONCE

17. catfishsolich

catfishsolich New Member

State:
    kentucky,metcalfe county
    I went to the tailwaters below barren river lake and there was about 10 guys fishing for hybrid bass. they said noone was catching nothing. the guy in the corner offered to let me throw where he was cause thats the spot where the shad usually are. I threw in my net right where his line was and cought 14 nice hybrids. those guys were dying when i threw em all back.

18. bumper

bumper New Member

State:
    Georgia
    I was helping someone get fish out of their drying up pond using a cast net and got a grass carp that I would guess was over 30 lbs. It pretty much destroyed my cast net but I got it in and we moved it to a larger pond. I need another cast net now.:sad2::big_smile:

19. olddriller

olddriller New Member

State:
    Missouri
    Man o' Man you would not beleve all the big fish I have cought ( rough fish & game fish ) in a net . All of them were put back in the water. I have more records with a cast net than I do with a rod & reel. I am not going to say anymore about it because you woin't bleve me . And I told myself that I was not going to make anymore post while my wife has been drinking. See yau later.:smile2:

20. ravenloft420

ravenloft420 New Member

State:
    mo

lol come on,we all like to hear stories,whether exagerated or not